Chapter 9

Katherine's POV

I wake up early in the morning because it was the day to leave for Dragon Wale as I would be studying there from now on.

I am going to return home on my coming of age ceremony and will complete high school from Aleonar academy.

Well,now when I think of it the real story started at high school when Ivan and Rosaline's engagement was officially announced in volume 1 and Katherine's behaviour detrioted even more with this thing but now nothing like that is going to happen I really don't plan on getting engaged to anyone ever in my life just like I didn't wanted to in my previous life.

I got ready in a simple travelling dress and started to see if everything was pack when Anne came inside after knocking .

She said "My lady, The Duke has asked for you"

I looked at her thinking what pupose does father had with me.

It's still not time for my departure but anyway I made way out of my room to father's office.

When I entered the office I saw many people there . Dad sat at his desk like usual, he was doing some paper work but looked up when he heard my footsteps.

On the couch on the right sat Lucas, with an utterly displeased expression on his face, it was like someone stole his wife, and Rosaline who didn't look pleased with the situation either.

On the left couch Xander was sitting with a smirk like teasing Lucas. I wonder what is the problem but if I think this could be because they want Rosaline's attention which she not giving them as she is now staring at me so Lucas' and Xander's head also turned me to which Xander again smirked and Lucas was glaring at him.

Dad cleared his throut and told me to sit. I sat beside Lucas making Xander frown for some reason and on the other hand Lucas was smiling like child when given sweets.

Dad spoke "So Katherine, I know you might be upset from this discision but you should know that this is for the best"

I looked at him to continue.

"So yesterday I got a message from the King of Dragon Wale and he proposed the engagement between you and his eldest son to keep the relations between the two Kingdoms" he said carefully.

Maybe he thought that I will get upset and be angry but I don't care, It is that I never wanted to be engaged to someone but I also know that he could not defy the king. I know the duchy is really powerful but if we go to war against the dragons both the nations will be destroyed completely and I would not like to have a war.

I just nodded giving him that I have no problem with that. He looked at me happily and then at Xander.

He said "So we accept the proposal, you can tell this to your father and also that the engagement will be officially announced at her coming of age ceremony"

Xander also nodded and stood up. He came near me and asked "Can I have a word with my fiance"

"No,you c-" Lucas started denying but I stopped him as I need to talk to him about something and this made Xander smirk.

What's with the smirking today!

I went with Xander to the living room to have a nice talk.

When sat I said "Look, I know this engagement was set by our parents and it's not official yet so if you fall in love with someone do tell me I will happily break off the engagement"

I told him about it with my serious tone but it looked like he was not even paying attention.

He suddenly came closer to my face and wispered in my ear "It would not be necessary"

I backed away from him but he caught my hand, kissed it at the back and said "See you later dear fiancé"

He took off in a hurry. I just stared into the space thinking what just happened but was taken out of my reverie when Anne called that it was time to go.

I said my good byes and sat in the carriage.

I hope everything goes well in the academy.

Lucas' POV

I was shocked to the core when dad told me that he had agreed to the proposal from the king of Dragon Wales to get Kathy and Xander engaged.

Is he really serious, for the things I know that my dad have never gone back to his word so why the hell he is now and getting my pretty sister engaged to that devil.

I waited in his office for Kathy as I knew that she will deny this engagement but no she didn't and also when Xander wanted to talk to her alone she stopped me when I was about to say no.

Does she like him? Did she fall in love? No she will never fall in love with that devil.

I rushed to my dad's office after Kathy's departure and opened the door with a bang. It's ture that I never lose my calm but this is a problem. You might think that Kathy came in between me and Xander's friendship but it's not true we are friends but this is a matter between a brother and the safety of his sister. I know how cunning my friend is and he is a well known heart breaker who breaks heart more than the glasses in his room. And I tell you he had broken a lot because he has temper issues.

I asked dad who was calm "Dad what were you thinking while doing what you did?" I greeted my teeth when I heard the door opened at the voice of a person that I want to strangle at this point came.

"It's rare to see you lose your calm Lucas"

I looked behind at him with a frown and said "You should not be concerned about me Your magisty"

"Why not, now that I am your sister's fiancé you are soon to be my brother in law, and to add to that you are my good friend so I should care" he said.

I glared at him and said with a smirk "For now as it is not official yet"

"Oh don't worry soon to be brother in law it will be for always, oh no not always" he said and I smiled when he said not always but what he said after that made me more angry.

"-she will not be my fiancé forever but she will become my adorable wife" he said and dad just sat there calmly doing his work.