Chapter 7

Katherine's POV

I was about to step inside the carriage when Lucas' voice called from behind.

"Sister where are you going?" He asked.

I looked at him for a few seconds. It was almost afternoon and he was in his formal attire all set to go to Alisteir's tea party.

"I wanted to visit my mother's grave for the last time before going to the academy" I told in my usual bored tone.

He looked like he wanted to say something to me but was thinking about saying it or not.

I sighed already knowing what he wanted to say and answered his unasked question "I will be back before we head for the tea party"

With that I left him behind and sat in the carriage, when I sat down the carriage started moving to the town where I used to live.

I soon reached the hill on which my mother was buried under a cheery blossom tree, which was her favorite and it was her last wish.

She always used to ask me that when she will die I should bury her under a cheery blossom tree.

Tears were forming in my eyes when I reached her grave, I knew she was not originally my mother but she raised me better, she was the best mother ever.

I looked at the grave and sat down placing her favourite flowers and sweets infront of the tomb.

"How are you mum, I am doing just fine"

"You know I have got you your favourite flowers and sweets , why don't you come and eat them"

I continued to talk to her for what seems like hours but they were just 40 minutes. This one sided conversation was stupid I know but it was asuring too.

I was about to stand up when an utterly great person seemed to grace me with his appearance. Note the sarcasm.

I looked at Xander with the coldest eyes that I could muster and waited for him to make fun of me but he didn't said anything, just stared at me and then at the things that I brought for mother.

Tears were still visible in my eyes but I didn't let them fall and then suddenly his question took me aback.

"She must have been a very great mother" he said and came sat beside me.

I just stared at him confused about what he is saying and a "Huh?" left my mouth.

He looked at me and gave a sad smile and said "She must be really loving for you to bring all these things by yourself for her"

"Yeah she was great" I don't know why I talked to him but I just did.

"Your lucky that you got such a loving mother" He again said with sadness laced in his voice.

"Every mother loves their children" I told him.

"No,not mine since childhood she hated me, she loved my younger brother, she wants him to be the crown prince not me , she makes me feel useless, she made me feel useless when my brother poisoned our father and he become sick but I can't do anything" He said with tears in his eyes. I never knew that the reason for his father's sickness was a poison and that his mother wants his younger brother to take the throne.

But somehow I understand him well, I know the feeling when there is nobody that cares about you. I don't know why but I had a sudden urge to comfort him and I did.

I took his hand in mine and put his head on my shoulder and said "Don't worry Prince you have Lucas and prince Ivan with you, they care for their friend so don't feel alone"

After listening to me he looked up at my face with his eyes shining when a kid wants lolipop.

"And you?" He asked .

I looked at him shocked but still said "Yes me too" I don't know why I said that I am with this annoying being but he won't even remember it, it's not important anyways.

We stayed in the same position for a few minutes and then I went away leaving Xander with himself who said with smirk "See you later Ice Queen"
like nothing happened.

Huh I again sighed seeing that previous Xander is back and I liked this one better because he is easier to ignore.

Ivan's POV

I was walking on the streets to calm my self from the conversation that I had with my dad in the morning.

What does he think of himself engaging me to Rosaline and I can't even refuse also to maintain my image.

I was still walking when I saw Katherine under the blossom tree looking beautiful as ever.

I wanted to go to her but stopped when I saw Xander with her.

He was talking to her and then sat beside her.

Did they came here together, are they friends now. These thoughts were filling my mind.

I then saw something that shocked me, Katherine was hugging and comforting him.

He was there. I wonder what he did for her to change her attitude.

She is always cold to everyone, even Alisteir is not treated warmly or shown any other reaction but him.

My blood was boiling for some reason by looking him like that with her.

Even if he is my friend I am not going to lose to him.You just wait and watch Xander, I will take her away from under you nose and you will not even know .

But unfortunately for now I have to concentrate about how to break this freaking engagement of mine.

Xander POV

I was heading to the Valdez mansion when I saw her, the angel on the hill. I went to her to find that she was talking to her mother's tombstone , thinking about her mother she might be a great women that loved her so much.

I wonder what it was like to be loved by your mother. For some reason I sat down beside her and told her about my problems and she did something unexpected, I thought that she would just ignore me like always but she comforted me.

She gave me warmth, she said that she was with me and with those words my heart swelled up with warmth and I leaned onto her.

When she left I felt empty and sad but I will meet her again because we are going to the same tea party.