Chapter 24

In the empty corridors, in some corner stood a girl and a boy. The girl was pressed to the wall while the boy has trapped her between him and the wall.

Only the sound of their breathing can be heard in the empty corridor and of course, also the sound of Katherine's heart who was thumping in her chest at the speed of 100kmph.

The sides of the boy's mouth curled up when he listened to her raising heartbeat but as if remembering something his eyes become dim and sides of the mouth which were lifted just a while ago dropped.

Xander looked into her eyes with an intense stare.

Katherine seeming to remember what was happening, she tried to push him away to escape.

Xander gave a dark chuckle at her futile attempts and leaned a little closer to her ear and said "Little rabbit you better not play with fire or..."

He paused, she looked at him.

"What's your relationship with him?" he asked suddenly.

She looked at him bewildered .

"Who?" she pretended not to know but he is not dumb. He again asked but now in a more heavy and warning tone.

"I said What's your relationship with him"

He looked straight into her eyes daring her to lie and face the consequences that will come after it.

She still didn't said anything.

'Who is he to ask about that, and his temper, bipolar' she thought to herself.

When she didn't answered his question and also refused to look at him. He took her chin in his hand to make her look at him.

And when she struggled to get his hold off her chin he again wispered in her ear.

"It's of no use Irene, you better answer my question if you know what is good"

She again looked at him and sighed.

Knowing very well that she has given in he left her chin but stood, still trapping her between him and the wall.

"We have been best friends since the last seven years" she said.

Xander looked in her eyes for any lie but he saw none, he loosened his hold on her but didn't release her.

"Now I have told you so let me go" she said glaring at him, she was still getting late her class.

Xander's lips curled up when he saw her glare, to others she might be scary but he thinks that she looks cute when she glare, according to him her glare is like a little rabbit glaring at a tiger, really cute.
He gave a chuckle to which her eyes widened.

'Is he for real!!'

"You better be away from him" he again said with a grim expression.

She looked at him with one of his eyebrows raised "Why should I listen to you"

"Because you are not a fool"

"Yeah but you are"

She stepped on his foot and got out from his trap but before she could take another step she was pulled into someone's chest.

She glared up at him but he just smiled and said in a really serious tone "You better stay away, if you want nothing to happen to your beloved"

She looked at him unbelievably "He is not my beloved!!!"

Xander smiled at the words and let her go.

As she went more and more away he kept staring at her back with a mischievous smile tucked on his lips. He wondered that when can he experience this everyday.

______________________________

When Katherine had came to lot distance away from him did her heart stopped beating like crazy.

Ignoring it she went to her next class.

She stood at the classroom's door and asked for the teacher's permission to come in.

The lady teacher looked at her as if sizing her and gave a frown.

Kathy rolled her eyes at the teacher and came inside the classroom.

As she entered the classroom she can feel the eyes of the students on her and also the teacher.

Among the stares she was getting, one stare was really intense. She looked at the direction of the person who was burning holes in her head and found that he was none  other than Xander.

He smirked when he saw her looking at him, she frowned.

'Does this guy has nothing else to do other than smirking all day and causing troubles to her, stay away from Damian, he is much better than this guy and...'

"Why are you late young lady?" the teacher suddenly spoke breaking her chain of thoughts.

"Sorry teacher, it's just.." she looked at Xander and smirked "I met a snake on the way here"

Xander smiled at the back and motioned the boy sitting beside him to go find another seat.

Katherine after apologising to the teacher turned around to find herself a seat.  There were three empty seats in the classroom, two were at the corners and one beside Xander.

When she went to the seats in the corner, the person sitting on the seat beside it put a bag on that seat .

Xander laughed as she stood when the girl put her bag on the empty seat, not letting her sit.

In the end she has no choice but to sit beside Xander who infuriated her a lot.

When the teacher was teaching he would keep throwing paper balls at her while she can do nothing but clench her fists.

Even if she wanted to do anything, in terms of physical strength she is just like a bunny against a lion.

Today most of her classes were with either, Damian or Xander.

In each class they have kept annoying the hell out of her and now in this class she was like a piece of cheese sandwiched between them.

This class that they three were having together,these both were giving each other death glares. Katherine just thought that it was playful and annoying but the reality was much far than her imagination as the words in each of the boys head were far different from hers.