Chapter 13

No One's POV

The girl went around the fair alone, enjoying her self time after too long.
She came out alone today, deceiving all her maids and guards.

Her ash white hair fluttered after her as she hopped from one stall to another eating the street food.

People were mesmerised with the beauty of the girl who looked like an angel ascended from heaven and they were making bets that she will look like a goddess when she grows up.

Katherine accostomed to all the stared that she get was not bothered. She just roamed here and there, taking in the scenery of the mountains.

She has just entered the Enchancia kingdom after returning from the dragon kingdom that she has seen this fair and stopped.

She has stayed at a inn where she ditched her maids and sneaked out to enjoy her newfound freedom.

It was soon going to be dark but the market still looked as vibrant as ever.
The sky was rimmed with different colours and looked just like the imaginary sky that she painted in her last life. It was more beautiful seeing to like this in reality.

Soon it was dark and time for the fireworks to start. Katherine found herself a hill from where she can enjoy the scenery before she goes back to the inn.

She chomped her spicy puffs while seeing the fireworks. They were not the ordinary circular ones like in her previous life but of different shapes and sizes. Some were hearts, the national flag or like food shaped.

Soon it was also over and so was her time to relax by herself. She stood up from where she was sitting and started going back to the inn.

She soon came out of the fair market and the outside was really eerie with pin drop silence. There was not even the sound of birds, a total contrast to the place that she came from just now.

Fearless she continued to walk when suddenly she was held in a choke hold by some man. She looked around and saw that she was surrounded by some burly men.

It would have been a piece of cake to fend them if this guy had not hold her.

Her magic was powerful but when it came to physical strength it was of a five year old. She tried to push the man of her but to no avail.

In the darkness surrounding them, in an alley hid a dark figure wearing a clock covering his face by its hood.
One can only glimpse the colour of his eyes as they shone bright red just like the girl's which was captured by those bandits.

The hooded figure clenched his hand at the scene and wanted nothing more but to cut of the head of the person who touched that girl.

Katherine stuggled in the grip of the man and was nearly losing concious when the man was thrown of her by someone. She looked to find a hooded figure with red eyes staring at her but then looked away to look at the bandits.

The bandits scared by the looked this hooded person held in his eyes ran away out of fear, it was just as if they did a wrong move they will be standing at the gate of hell. Even though the eye colour of the person almost matched with that of the girl but yet they held just cruelty for them.

The figure than turned to Katherine who was standing bewildered and bowed to her respectfully which she imitated.

"Thank you for saving me" she said to him.

"It's no problem" the figure replied.
"But what is a noble like you doing here at late at night without any bodyguards"

Katherine looked at him bewildered, she intentionally wore commoners clothes so that people will not discover her identity as a noble so how?