Chapter 39

Lucas was not even a bit surprised when Xander again brought Katherine in his arms to the estate, this have been too frequently happening since his sister came back.

But this time Katherine was awake and struggling to get out of his grip. Xander just smiled amused looking at his little calm cat getting frustrated.

He can feel the piercing glare of Lucas directed towards him as he put Katherine gently on the couch.

"Lucas, if you don't want me carrying her back home, then keep a chack on her so she doesn't sneak out like this again" Xander told Lucas in a serious.

Before Lucas could reply Anne came to Katherine to give her a letter.

Both the boys stared at the letter as Katherine opened and read it.

"What is it?" Xander asked after she was done reading the letter.

"An invitation to the second prince's birthday ball" she replied to his words but her mind was somewhere else .

'The second prince of Enchancia ? Am I forgetting something' Katherine tried to remember the cast.

'If she is right, there was a mysterious character too who was just said to be a powerful man with no name,it was revealed later but she can't remember' she thought.

"Refuse it you are not going" it was the words of Xander and he looked upset.

Lucas also nodded in support of him.

"Yeah, you are still weak so refuse it"

Katherine glanced at Lucas and said three words "I am going" and left leaving a heavy atmosphere .

Both the men looked upset and were about to going behind her when the Grand Duke suddenly came out of nowhere and said "Leave her be, she won't listen, we just have to see what happens next"

"But father-" Lucas asked.

"I bet you already know him" Selueous said looking towards Xander.

Xander said nothing but smirked, of course he knows, they have practically grew up together till the age of seven.

An illegitimate child of the emperor of Enchancia and a run away daughter of an annex Duke.

_____________________

The day of the ball soon came and Katherine was ready to go. Her determination to go was now at the peak as she got some shocking news from Del who returned yesterday.

She crunched the letter in her hand mutter "Trapped my foot".

At the palace a certain someone got a unknown chill as he was getting ready for today.

Katherine was to go with Xander together which was greatly opposed by Lucas.

___________________

The night was as beautiful as the night of the Coming of age ceremony.

The moon shined brightly like mocking them and the stars twinkled beautifully but to outdid the beauty of this night again stood a girl in front of the castle staring at it and a mesmerised Xander staring at her.

Even if she barely put makeup everyday and looked beautiful but now she was looking like a goddess descended from heaven, he can't help but stare at his fiancée, his love and his everything.

"Let's go" Xander said stretching out his hand for her to take.

Katherine looked at Xander, his smiling handsome face and unknowingly blushed. The man who annoyed her a lot and knew nothing about personal space but the world felt empty without him.

Maybe it was his annoyingly handsome face or his determination to not leave her even though she rejected him multiple times, she was moved by it.

It sometimes felt like something was missing when he was not there and her eyes and heart just search for him secretly even though nothing is shown.

Xander laughed as she just stared at him taking her out of her trance, she might conceal it from everyone but can't from him.

He always knew she liked him.

Katherine gave him her hand and they both walked gracefully up the steps of the palace and inside the hall.

People looked at them, some admiring, some jealous.

"They look so beautiful together" some one said.

"Yeah they do, they both look like the ancient goddess and the warrior,  you know the new story that has been a topic of gossip these days" some other one said.

Xander smirked listened to the gossips and leaned down.

He wispered in Katherine's ear "Seems like everyone knows that we are made for each other"

Katherine briefly glanced at him and then looked straight, Xander used to this said nothing else.

After greeting the emperor they both took their seats.

After sometime the big doors opened announcing the arrival of the crown prince and his fiancée.

Ivan and Rosaline walked gracefully towards their seats too.

Rosaline was wearing the gown made from the fabric Katherine got her.

Katherine smiled a little looking at the naive little girl. Rosaline feeling eyes on her looked towards the source and blushed a little when found her sister staring at her.

It's true she doesn't like her much but still she was her sister and they should get along well.

Rosaline got to know that she doesn't hate her when Katherine got sick, she was really immature to think of her as an enemy as she never took anything away from her.

She was stupid, she knew Katherine never tried to get anything but still hated her. Even when she suggested that Katherine should be sent to the Dragon academy she doesn't said anything and just went.

She has no bad intentions but-

Ivan brought Rosaline out of her thoughts by giving her a little push.

They both gave their greetings and sat at their respective seats.

Now was the time for the today's main attraction, the second prince to arrive.

The arrival of the second prince was announced and a handsome man in a neat and clean, luxurious clothes entered the hall.

His entrance was followed by many gasps of astonishment and awe from the ladies. Well, there has been a rumour circulating in the society that he was kept hidden because he was ugly but things were not that simple and why now of all time he was revealed.

The crown prince's position was definitely in danger.