Chapter 3: Date Night

A little while after rehearsals, Chris waited outside the studio for Porsha. He then hears his phone buzz and sees a text from Dante. "Hey, how are you feeling about your date?" asked Dante. "A bit nervous but excited." Chris replied. "Same here. This the first time going on a date with a girl." said Dante. "Well...just be yourself. That's what my mom told me and most importantly...have fun." said Chris. "Thanks Chris." said Dante. Chris then hears the door open and sees Porsha exiting the studio. "Hey Chris! Sorry I'm late, had to get ready for our date." said Porsha. "It's fine. You look great." said Chris. "Thanks. You too." said Porsha. "Hop on." said Chris as they got on his motorcycle and Chris gave Porsha a helmet. "So where to first?" asked Chris. "How about we go to the mall? There's an ice cream place there!" said Porsha. "Alright, let's do it." said Chris. They would then arrive at the mall. As they made it to the entrance, Porsha excitedly grabbed Chris's hand and the two sprinted inside, where they took pictures, ate dinner and of course... went shopping. An hour later, they went to the ice cream center for dessert. "Wow! This was fun! Probably the best day of my life, going out with the one and only, El Lobo!" said Porsha as Chris chuckled. Then, the waiter came with their ice cream. "Here you go, one chocolate vanilla ice cream with extra chocolate lava and one vanilla ice cream." said the waitress. Chris then pays the bill. "Woah. You got me this?" said Porsha in surprise as she eats her ice cream. "Of course! I mean, sure you have money and all but I thought I'd be a gentlemen and pay for our ice cream. Plus this is my first date." said Chris. "Really?? This is my first date too!" said Porsha as Chris smiled. As the two continued eating, Porsha noticed his necklace. "What's that?" she asked. Chris pulls it out. "This...is my mother's necklace. You know her as Queen." said Chris. "Of course! One of the greatest singers of all time! My mom and I would listen to her all the time." said Porsha as Chris's ears perked up. "Say...I didn't see your mom. What happened to her?" he asked. Porsha slowly frowned. "Well, when I was 7, my parents had an argument and she left. I hadn't heard from her in a while since." she explained. "Porsha...I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I shouldn't have asked." said Chris in regret. "No, no. It's fine. It's just that...ever since she left, things hasn't been much the same for me. Normally, I would come to her to talk about my feelings but ever since she left...I had no one to talk to." said Porsha. She then felt her hand being held by Chris. "Well you do now." he said as Porsha slowly smiled. The two then walks to the park. "Thanks for today, Chris. I really had fun with you today." said Porsha. "Of course. I really had fun, especially since this was my first date." said Chris as the two sat on a bench. "So what about you? I know about your mom. What about your dad? What's he like?" asked Porsha. "My dad...he didn't really tell me much about himself. He just told me he's just an ordinary guy who loves his family. But I think he's knows more than he's letting on." said Chris. "He sounds pretty cool. Better than my dad at least. He doesn't show any attention to me. Everytime I do something to impress, he just says a quick reply and then brushes it off like its nothing." said Porsha as Chris sighed. "Well...at least you have others who show care. It's one thing your father is focused on his business but at least you got friends who care about you." said Chris as Porsha looks at him with a smile and leaned on his shoulder. Chris slightly blushed as he cleared his throat. "Well...sun's setting. I should probably get you home." he said. "Oh." said Porsha in a disappointed tone. Chris would then drive Porsha home as they eventually arrived at the Crystal Mansion. "Thanks for the ride, Chris. I really enjoyed our date today. You wanna do it again, tomorrow?" asked Porsha. "Sure. Looking forward to it already." said Chris. Porsha then placed something in his hand. "See you tomorrow." she said as she walks to the front door. Chris looks in his hand and sees a paper slip with Porsha's phone number on it. 'Call me' it said. Chris smiled as he puts his helmet on and drives back to the hotel. *Many hours before* Dante was waiting for Ember to arrive. He was a bit nervous but at the same time excited, considering the fact that this is also his first date. He hears the door open as Ember steps out. "Hey Dante!" she said. "Hey Ember! You ready?" he asked. Ember nodded as the two went out to eat. As they were eating, it was awkward silence until Dante spoke up. "So Ember, tell me a bit about yourself." he said. "Well, I'm just an average fox. There really isn't much about my life to know. Grew up with an ordinary family and my best friend of course, being the daughter of an entertainment mogul." said Ember. "How long have you and Porsha known each other?" asked Dante. "Since we were 5. We met at a playground and we've been close since. We went shopping and when it was time for me to find a job, Porsha got me an internship to be a theater scout. Before her, I didn't really have that many friends. I was a shy girl until I met Porsha and her friends. Since then, I was out of my shell. What about you?" asked Ember. "Well...my life was sort of a struggle. I have an ordinary family too. Loving and caring. But outside in the public life, I was bullied most of my childhood and I was depressed since. But as I got older, I got into music and slowly overcame it but not fully. I would make music and post it on the web but keep my identity private. Then slowly, people would listen to it and they would love it. I'm not really fond with many people but until I met Buster and his friends, I feel like I actually belong somewhere. Especially after meeting Chris." said Dante as he smiled while looking out the window. He then felt something touch his hand and when he turned, he sees Ember's hand holding his. Dante blushed as Ember smiled. "Seems like we have a lot in common. Do you wanna listen to more of your music together?" she asked as Dante smiled. "I think that's perfectly fine." he replied as the two headed to the park and listened to more of Dante's music. "So Ember...what'd you think of my music?" asked Dante. "I love it. You really put the time and effort into this." said Ember as Dante smiled. "Thanks. I do my best." he said as he looks at his watch. "It's getting late. I should probably get you home." said Dante as he walks Ember back to the hotel she stays in. "Thanks for today, Dante. I really had fun with you today." said Ember. "No problem. This has been a fun first date. We should do this again sometime." said Dante. "I'd love to. Goodnight, Dante." said Ember as she heads inside before delivering a smile to Dante once more. Dante blushed and waved. "Night." he said as he heads back to the hotel. As the day comes to an end, both Chris and Dante's dates would end off at a high note, leaving them to wonder how will the second date go.

Sing: The Era Of Music: The Remix EditionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara