Chapter 17: Music Battle

A month goes by and Chris, Porsha, Dante and Ember were walking downtown, going on a double date. "So...where should we go eat?" asked Porsha. "I know just the place." said Chris as he leads them to a pizza place. "Welcome to the Pizzeria! I used to work here couple years ago before I quitted to become a singer." said Chris. "Sure. Let's eat here." said Dante as they entered, where Chris greets his former coworkers. A wolf named Jesse, a bear named Josh and a pig named Darren. "Guys!" said Chris. "Hey, look who it is!" said Darren. "Good to see you, Chris." said Jesse as they hugged. "Nice to see you come back to visit!" said Josh. "Glad to be back. How has things been?" asked Chris. "Pretty well, to be honest. We do miss having you around." said Jesse. "Guys, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Porsha. Porsha, these are my friends, Jesse, Josh and Darren." said Chris as they waved. "Nice to meet you all." said Porsha. "And this is my best friend, Dante and his girlfriend, Ember." said Chris. "It's nice to have music celebreties here in our restaraunt." said Jesse. "So, has anything changed since I left?" asked Chris. "Well, just recently we added a karaoke set." said Josh. "Wow." said all. "That's a great stage you guys have." said Ember. "Say Chris, since your here, why don't you sing a song for the customers?" said Darren. "Y'know, Chris? That doesn't sound like a bad idea. You should do it." said Porsha as Chris smiled. "I'll take it in consideration. But for now, I wanna relax and have pizza." he said. 

Minutes later, the couples were sitting on a table, eating pizza. "Wow. This pizza is so good." said Porsha. "Yeah, you come here the first time, you'll love eating here." said Chris. "Well, well, if it isn't El Lobo and the Trickster." said a voice. The couples turned and sees a group of animals, consisting of two leopards, a gorilla and a hippo, near their table. "I'm sorry. Who are you?" asked Dante. "Name's Trent. This is my girlfriend, Hailey. And those are my friends, Ed and Dex." said Trent. "Alright, nice to meet you. What do you want?" asked Chris. "Well, a little birdie flew by and told us about two singers showing up here." said Hailey. She then noticed. "Oh...Porsha Crystal. Your in a relationship with her even after what happened?" asked Hailey. "Yes." said Chris. "Surprising." said Dex. "Look, please leave my girlfriend out of this and spill the beans. What are you here for?" asked Chris. "We want to challenge you in a little singing battle." said Trent. "Look...as much as I want to do that, we wanna enjoy our date. So if you wouldn't mind." said Chris. "Look at that! El Lobo is afraid of losing!" said Ed as Chris's ears perked up. "What are you talking about? I told you I was in no mood in a singing competition. I'm here on a double date." said Chris. "Look if you guys are gonna cause problems for us, then you might as well leave!" said Dante. "Getting agressive aren't you? Maybe that's why you were sensitive before becoming a singer." said Trent. "Oohh." said everyone as they all turned towards their table. "Trent...I tried being nice to you and gave you a chance to leave. But now you crossed the line. You want a singing battle? Let's do it." said Chris. "Alright then. My crew vs you and the Trickster." said Trent. "Let's do it." said Chris. "And since were battling it out, how about we make this interesting...the loser...has to pay the winner's bills for pizza a whole year." said Trent as Porsha and Ember looked at their boyfriends with worry. Chris and Dante looked at each other before nodding. "Deal." said both. 

Few minutes go by and the group was on stage. Jesse then steps on the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen! All animals! Welcome to the Music Showdown of the Pizzeria! We got the duo El Lobo and Trickster on this end! And on the other end, is Trent and his crew! Whoever loses, has to pay the winner's bill for pizza for a year." said Jesse as the crowd cheered. Trent and his crew went first,

Trent was singing the song while he and his crew were dancing to the song. Chris and Dante looked on in surprise a they looked at each other with a nervous look. "Woah. These guys can sing and dance." said Dante. "True...but we need to pick a better song if we're gonna beat them." said Chris. Dante was thinking as he smiled. "I think I might have the right song." he said as he whispered in Chris's ear. He too smiled. "I like it. Let's do it." he replied as Trent and his crew finished their song. Most of the crowd were cheering. "Alright Dante. Let's do this." said Chris as he takes the microphone and Dante takes the guitar.