Chapter 12: Reconnecting

A day later, after the Valentine's Day party, things have been going swell for Porsha. She was out of her father's shadow, made friends with the Troupe, began a relationship with Chris and now she was reunited with her mother. Chris and Porsha were decorating the penthouse by adding plants. "Wow. We picked out a LOT of plants. It almost looks like a forest." said Porsha as Chris chuckled. "I think it's a nice addition to the house." he said. Then, Porsha's phone goes off and sees it's a text from her mom. "Oh! My mom texted me. She wants to see if she can come over and spend time with us." said Porsha. "Of course! Would be nice to have her visit. I'll get some food ready." said Chris. An hour later, Claudia arrives. "Hey Mom!" said Porsha as the two hugged. "Hi, my little flower." said Claudia. "Hey Claudia." said Chris as the two hugged. "Hi, Chris." Claudia replied as she then looks around the house. "Oh my. What nice complex you have here." she said. "Thanks. It was WAY different before Porsha and I started dating. Most of it was empty." said Chris. Then, they all went to the living room, where Chris sets up food. "Thank you once again for having me over. I was hoping to take the opportunity to spend time and catch up with you both." said Claudia. "So...how have you been all these years since you left?" asked Porsha as Claudia sighed. "I've...I've been struggling since I left. I missed being with you and I missed how things were before your father became a full on businessman. You know your father was different before his business. He was a caring and loving husband. Then...that night came. I told Jimmy that he was so focused on his business more than he spend time with us. But he ignored me and we ended up arguing. I wanted to take you with me but your father refused and sent me off." said Claudia. Porsha then held her hand. "I'm really sorry about that, Mom. I wished things would've been different too." said Porsha. Claudia sighed deeply. "Then, after what I heard  what happened in Redshore City...I didn't think he would do such a cruel thing." said Claudia as Chris and Porsha remembered Crystal nearly killing Chris. "Well you don't have to worry about him any longer, Mom. He's away for a long time." said Porsha as Claudia smiled and hugged Porsha. "I'm just glad your back in my life." she said. "So Claudia, what was your interests back then?" asked Chris. "Well, I was a model until I eventually retired and became a fashion designer. Oh! That reminds me. How did the two of you meet back in Redshore?" asked Claudia. "Well, Porsha arrived at the studio during rehearsals and me and Dante just arrived. When I said hello to Porsha, she was filled with excitement and immediately hugged me." said Chris as Porsha blushed, remembering those events. "Well...I'm sure Porsha was a huge fan of yours." said Claudia. "#1 fan actually." corrected Porsha as they laughed. "So after two dates and after we performed the show, that was when our relationship started." said Chris. "Well I think that sounds wonderful. You know, you two actually met before." said Claudia as the couple looked at her with surprise. "Really?" said both. Claudia nodded before pulling out another photo of her and Queen together, this time they were both pregnant. "We were both pregnant and we'd thought it be nice to share a photo of you two together." said Claudia as the couple observed the photo. "Wow. That's pretty cool." said Porsha. "We originally had the idea of you two meet a little while after you were born but ever since that argument, we never had the chance. But you guys ended up together either way." said Claudia as the couple smiled. Then, there was another knock on the door. Chris approached it and sees his father, Malcolm. "Dad, hey." said Chris as the two hugged. "Hey Chris! I thought I come by and drop ya some of your mom's favorite pasta." said Malcolm. "Thanks, Pops." said Chris. Claudia then moves over and sees Malcolm. "Malcolm?" said Claudia as he noticed her. "Claudia? Hey! How are you?" asked Malcolm as Claudia smiled and the two hugged. "Claudia, you remember my dad. Right?" asked Chris. "Of course I remember him. How have you been over the years, Malcolm?" asked Claudia. "I'm hanging in there. Just trying to keep my promise to Queen." said Malcolm as Claudia smiled. "I see you have Queen's famous pasta." she said as Malcolm smiled. "Yeah. Brings back memories." he said. "Come on. Let's eat." said Porsha as they all sat together for supper. Over the next 2 hours, things went pretty well. Claudia has successfully reconnected with Porsha and has bonded well with Chris. She then returns home and falls asleep in bed, happily.