Chapter 16: A Spooky Performance

(Quick A/N: This chapter took a lot of planning and writing, but now it's finished. Just saw the FNAF movie during the weekend and I can personally say that it's great and enjoyable to watch. Really recommend watching it.)

In the month of October, the gang were rehearsing for a show for the Halloween season. Much were planned and much were excited for the show. "Well gang, this probably be one of the best shows we'd ever done." said Buster. "This is gonna be exciting! This is probably gonna scare the crowd out their pants." said Porsha as everyone laughed. "Well gang, let's get rehearsing. Come Halloween, we're gonna amaze this crowd!" said Buster as the gang continued with their rehearsals. Chris, Porsha, Dante and Ember went out to eat after 2 hours of rehearsals. "Whew, that was some rehearsal." said Chris. "Yeah, this is probably the most we've rehearsed." said Ember. "Guys, my mom texted me and she's gonna be our makeup artist. She and her crew are coming to the theater and we'll get us prepared, along with our outfits." said Porsha. "Wow Porsha, your mom has everything set up for us." said Dante. "Well, my mom was a model and she's a fashion designer." pointed out Porsha. "She's not wrong. She showed us photos at some old photoshoots and they were amazing." said Chris. As an hour goes by, the couples go their seperate ways. Dante and Ember arrived at their home as the two were preparing for bed. "You excited, Ember? Your gonna make your stage debut." said Dante. "A bit, I guess." Ember replied. "What's wrong?" asked Dante in a concerned tone. "I'm just...I'm just worried that I might screw up again and I'll be humiliated again." said Ember as she has flashbacks of her first time singing on stage, she remembered the humiliation of the students laughing at her. "Ember...that's all in the past. I taught you everything you needed to know. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and let the music carry you. You'll feel it when your body feels it. Besides, you can do it. I know you can." said Dante. Ember smiled and kissed her boyfriend. "You really are a gentle soul, Dante." said Ember. "I'm not the only one." Dante replied with a slight grin as the two shared one last kiss before sleeping in each other's arms. Meawhile, Chris and Porsha were driving through the town. "Porsha, were gonna make a quick pit stop at my Dad's." said Chris. "That's fine. I need to use the bathroom anyway. All that food's getting to me." said Porsha as Chris chuckled.

They soon arrived at Malcolm's house as he greets them. "Chris, Porsha! Welcome." said Malcolm as he hugs them both. "Great to see you, Pops. So you texted me and said you wanted to talk to me about something?" asked Chris. "Yes. Porsha, do you mind if me and him have a moment?" asked Malcolm. "Of course." said Porsha. Chris and Malcolm went into the kitchen and Porsha went to Chris's old room. "So...how are you feeling?" asked Malcolm. "What do you mean?" asked Chris. "How are you feeling about your relationship with Porsha? You two have been together for almost two years." said Malcolm. "It's been great, really. I really love Porsha. She's the best thing that has happened to me in my life." said Chris as Malcolm smiled. "I'm glad it's going great for you, son. Your mom would be proud of what you did to get into this relationship." said Malcolm. Chris smiled before taking a deep breath. "Dad...I need to tell you something. I've been thinking about this since after our 1 year anniversary." said Chris. "What is it?" asked Malcolm. "I was thinking......to propose to Porsha." said Chris as Malcolm's ears perked up. "I knew something was on your mind! That's great news, Chris. Seems like you ready move to the next step." said Malcolm. "That's kind of the thing. I don't know if Porsha is ready to move to the next step." said Chris. "See? Right there. That word...'if'. Your mother told you about this. You keep saying if and keep doubting yourself. The only way to see that Porsha is ready...is to ask her the question." said Malcolm. Chris knew he was right. The only way he would find out is to ask her himself. "Also, if your going to propose to her, you'll need to do it when the time's right. Listen to what your heart says." said Malcolm. "Plus, I'll need a ring. A really nice one." said Chris. "Why spend time buying a ring, when you have one with you the whole time." said Malcolm as Chris's ears perked up. "Wait? What do you mean?" he asked. "Look inside the necklace, behind the photo." said Malcolm. Chris then pulls out the necklace and opens the casing with the photo inside, when he removed it, his eyes widened as he sees Queen's wedding ring inside. "Is this...Mom's ring?" asked Chris as Malcolm nodded. "But...I can't use her ring." said Chris. "I insist, Chris. Besides, I've spent good money to find such a beautiful ring. Your mother and I are linked forever." said Malcolm as Chris looks at the ring. Soon, the couple would return home.