Chapter 8: A New Life

After their success in Redshore City, things for the Troupe have changed since. Clay Calloway officially announced his return to music and goes on a worldwide tour. After Crystal's arrest, he was officially sentenced 10 years in prison. Dante is now living the music life as he is now a singer. He and Chris decided to partner up and own a recording label studio, Eclispe Studios, whilst the two is in relationships with Ember and Porsha, respectively. Chris and Porsha were in Chris's penthouse as the two were moving Porsha's things in, after she decided to move in with him after their relationship began. "Alright. Last box." said Chris as the two finally set up their bedroom. "Well?" asked Chris. "I love it." said Porsha as the couple shared a kiss. "So what do you want to do now?" asked Chris. "How about you show me around town? This is my first time in Catalonia." said Porsha. "Sure! We can probably grab some food on the way." said Chris as the two got on Chris's motorcycle and drove around the city. "So this is the main plaza. There are multiple shopping center and plenty of food joints. It might not be like Redshore City but it's something." said Chris. "It looks amazing." said Porsha as Chris smiled. "I wanna show you something." he said as they drove to a dock, where they see lanterns on the corners and a view of the Moon. "Woah. This looks beautiful!" said Porsha in amazement. "Crazy story, how I found this place. A day after my mom died, I ran away from home one night, because I was depressed. Then, I stumbled upon here and the Moon was shining right there. I then stood at the end of the dock but when I looked in the Moon, I felt...calm. Like it was speaking to me. Then slowly, I would realize that even though my mom's gone, she would always be with me. No matter where I go." said Chris as Porsha smiled. "Fun fact, Luna means Moon in spanish." said Chris. "Hmm. That sounds like a beautiful name." said Porsha as she leaned on Chris's shoulder. "Which reminds me...your necklace? How long has your mother had it?" asked Porsha as Chris pulled it out. "She had it for a long time." he said. *Flashback* Queen was at the studio with a 12 year old Chris as they finished practicing. "Great job, sweetie! You've been doing fantastic from all our practices." said Queen as Chris smiled. "Hey Mommy? Can I ask you something?" he asked. "Of course, sweetie. Anything." said Queen with a kindly tone. "The necklace...how long have you had it?" asked Chris as Queen observes it. "I've had it for a long time. My dad gave it to me on my 16th birthday. Since then, I've kept it. The best part...it has a picture." said Queen as she shows the photo. "What do you think it is?" she asked. "I don't know. What is it?" asked Chris as Queen chuckled. "Silly boy, it's me and your father when we were at the hospital and this cute adorable baby wolf...is you." she said as Chris observes the photo. "Oohh. I didn't know that." he said as Queen laughed. "Your so funny, Chris. I can see tons of girls falling for you." said Queen. "Do you really think a girl will like me? I mean I'm not good with making friends, especially with girls." said Chris. "Well of course. Look at your father. When he and I met for the first time, he was so nervous. He wanted to confess so he pulled the trigger and poof! He and I are now married. Besides, as long as you be yourself and not pretend to be someone your not, you'll be with someone you love for the rest of your life." said Queen. "But what if it doesn't work?" asked Chris as Queen got on her knees and held Chris's chin. "Sweetie...love will come to you, when you least expect it. Now, what do you say we go meet up with Dad and we can all have ice cream?" said Queen as Chris smiled. *7 years later* It was Queen's funeral. Practically, the whole city was in attendance. Malcolm and Chris were in front of Queen's coffin. As Malcolm paid his respects, Chris approached the coffin. He placed his hand on the coffin as a tear falls on the coffin. Chris then steps away until suddenly breaking down and leaned his head on the coffin as he silently sobbed. Malcolm then gently pulls Chris away from the coffin as he hugs him tightly. The coffin then slowly descends as Chris last second throws a rose on top of the coffin before it was buried. Later that night, Chris was on the roof of the house looking at the Moon. Malcolm then joins him. "Hey. Mind if I join you?" he asked as Chris slowly nodded. Malcolm sits next to him as the two stare at the moon. "I don't know if I can move on this. Without Mom...I don't know where I'll go from here." said Chris as Malcolm looks at him. "Of course you do. Just like your mom told you." he said. "But Mom isn't here, Dad!! She's gone! And I never even got to say goodbye." said Chris as he silently sobbed. Malcolm then hold his shoulder. "Chris...I already miss your mother as much as you do. She was everything to me. She made me the man I am today." he said. Malcolm then pulls out her necklace. "Here. Your mom wanted you have this." he said as Chris takes it and observes it. "Her necklace? Why are you giving it to me?" asked Chris. "Because...your mother told me the potential she sees in you. You have a great singing talent and she believes you can make a name for yourself. All those years of practice...it's worth something. I can promise you that. And remember, Chris...no matter where you go or where you are...your mother will always be with you." said Malcolm as he takes the necklace and puts it around Chris's neck. He looks at his father with a smile, before giving him a tight hug. "Thanks Dad. I love you." said Chris. "I love you too, Chris." Malcolm replied. *Flashback ends* "And since then, I've pursued my dreams to be a singer." said Chris as Porsha smiled. "Well I think that's the most amazing story I ever heard. Wanna go eat?" she asked. "Of course." Chris replied as the two got back on the motorcycle and drove to a restaurant. Chris and Porsha had their dinner before eventually returning home. "So...what should we do now?" asked Chris as Porsha puts her arms around his neck. "How about we get some sleep? Today has been quite the adventure, exploring the city and all." said Porsha as Chris smiled before yawning. "Yeah. I'm quite tired." he said as he carried Porsha to the bedroom before the couple shared a few kisses before eventually slowly falling asleep. Chris looks at his shelf and sees a picture of Queen. He smiles before he closed his eyes.