Hocus Pocus Part 1

The spookiest time of year was about to be here. Halloween, the holiday every child looked forward to almost as much as Life Day. The one day of the year they could dress as anyone they wanted, and get free candy.

The royal family of Solaris was no exception, and they were all so excitedly for the holiday.

This year was going to be a very special Halloween because it was Omega's first Halloween ever. She'd never once celebrated in any way. And now, she was eager to celebrate with her family.

"A whole night when you get free candy." Omega said, trying on a masquerade mask. "And dress up too."

"Yup." said Gabby. "It's a lot of fun. You also get to play pranks on people. You should've seen how we scared the daylights out of Caleb last year."

Gabby and the other kids laughed.

"Yeah," said Lamenta. "We pranked him with a fake singing plant from this movie we saw, and we made him think it was taking over the Temple and turning people into plant zombies."

"It was hilarious!" Boba said. He was dressed as Indiana Jones this year.

"And good payback for that scary clown prank he played on me." Gabby said.

That was when Qui-Gon entered the scene, already dressed in his police officer costume.

"Children, have you selected your costumes yet?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Not yet." Omega said. "Nice costume, Grandpa."

"Thank you."

"I picked mine." Gabby said, going behind the divider and coming out dressed as Princess Powers. "I'm Princess Powers, Queen of Justice, and evil's royal pain."

"Me too." Lamenta said, motioning to the baby blue dress and hair bow she wore. "I'm Wendy. From Peter Pan."

"Just wait till you see the babies in their costumes." said Anakin, coming in, dressed as a musketeer.

"Ooh! You make a great musketeer, Daddy." Gabby said.

"Thanks. I wanted to be a vampire, but Kara and Carmine insisted we dress as something in a threesome since it's our official first Halloween together."

"The three musketeers. I get it." Boba chuckled.

"You like mine?" Remix asked.

"Ahh!" Boba exclaimed, falling to the floor when he saw Remix's costume.

He was dressed as the Demogorgon again.

"Remix! Why do you still have that thing?" Boba gasped.

"Sorry, Boba. Did I scare you?"

"Uh... no."

"Boba had a scary dream after too many late-night Stranger Things marathons." Gabby whispered to Omega.

"I never get to wear this thing." Remix whined. "A good scare is the best way to get a ton of candy, and Omega's missed out on thirteen years of Halloween candy. Think about it."

"Well... if it means more candy." Boba shrugged. "But don't jump scare me with that thing. It's like a living nightmare."

Boba shivered as he remembered that nightmare.

"No promises." Remix said. "It's Halloween, and there are bound to be others dressed like this."

Omega, however, was having trouble picking out her costume. There were so many fun choices. Some were spooky, some were funny, some were crazy, and some were beautiful. This was her very first Halloween, so she wanted to pick just the right one.