Truth & Consequences

Bad Batch episode: Truth & Consequences
Featured song:
1. "Butterfly Fly Away" by Miley Cyrus & Billy Ray Cyrus
__________________
It seemed like just an ordinary day, and the Batch was on the Maruader. Wrecker was laying back in his chair, snoring, Tech was fiddling on his tablet, Hunter was sitting out on the stairs, Echo was looking at the console, Omega was meditating, and Crosshair... he was braiding Maybelle's hair.
Mila was also sitting down, showing Gabby a few pages from her journal and explaining how certain schematics worked.

Omega sighed as she finally took a break from meditation. Recently, she'd been having a little trouble with a few spell casting sessions Garrett assigned her, so she'd taken a break and decided to play on the swing that hung from the Jedi Temple tree. That always relaxed her sister, and even Anakin played on it sometimes when he was tense. Then, she met a Jedi youngling about her age, a wookie named Gungi.
Gungi showed Omega something Jedi had as an important ritual in training and a practice in general too: Meditation. Omega was familiar with it somewhat. Hunter did it often with Indira, and it was super relaxing for both of them.

"Gungi taught me, but it doesn't work for me the way it did for him." Omega sighed.

"He's a Jedi." Echo pointed out.

"So is Uncle Carmine." Gabby said. "But the first time he joined a meditation class... he fell asleep. Then when we woke him up, a pillow fight broke out and feathers were flying everywhere!"

Omega giggled at the thought of a grownup Jedi falling asleep in meditation and then starting a pillow fight.

"I still like it though. You wanna try?"

"No. I don't enjoy solitude." Echo crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "I had enough of that on Skako Minor. If it weren't for this squad, I'd still be a prisoner there or worse."

"Is that what made you join them?"

"Hmm. This was where I was fit, where I was needed."

Gabby hugged him then, which made Echo smiled.

"And I definitely missed feeling those." Echo chuckled.

No matter how big Gabby grew, Echo would still see that adorably affectionate three-year-old he'd know to always go around hugging everyone she saw. But, the affection was interrupted by some beeping on the console.

"We have an incoming transmission," said Tech. "It's Rex."

Tech answered the call, and up came a hologram of Rex, and he wasn't alone. Ahsoka was with him.

"Hey, boys... and ladies." Rex said, spotting the girls. "Any chance we could use your squad's expertise for a mission?"

Everyone started to look at each other.
"Finally. I'm tired of waiting around for Cid or a clavatization." Wrecker said.

"What do you need, Rex?" Echo asked.
"I'll explain everything when you get to Coruscant."

"Why? What's on Coruscant?" Omega asked.

"Did you ask any of the other Jedi for help?" Hunter asked Ahsoka.

"This is kind of a matter that needs to be kept as quiet as possible." Ahsoka said. "It's a covert mission."

"A simple data extraction, but a crucial one." Rex explained. "I'll send you coordinates to a safe landing zone."

"We're on our way," said Echo.
___________________
The Marauder soon made its way to Coruscant, the Batch entering as casually as possible, but heading for a spot they didn't usually dare to go. The lower levels.