Great Power, Great Curiosities

Featured Songs:

1. "Tongue Tied" by Eko

In the gymnassium at Windy Falls Academy, it was time for cheer practice.

"Alright, everyone... five, six, seven eight!"

Music playes as the cheerleaders began practicing

You remind me of Friday fever when the sun went down

I could try to describe this feeling but just come around

You've probably heard a lot of stories about cheerleaders being these mean girls with little to no brains who only date jocks like the star quartback or captain of the football team. Well, the cheer squad here wasn't like that. In part because this team had girls and boys on it, and at Windy Falls, all sports required students to keep their grades up. Cheerleading was no exception.

Lay it down for the night

Tell myself I'm alright

We're all a little bit tongue tied

I think you're just my type

We could do it up for life

Your call but I'll be waiting outside

On this particular team, among the best of the squad was a young Boba Fett-Skywalker, who wouldn't have guessed in a million years that he would be on the cheer squad, or living a royal life. But ever since he made the squad, he found it so amazing. He got to raise people's spirit, spend time with his girlfriend Roya, and all the cool moves they did were both fun and a great workout.

A little bit tongue tied

"Alright, Boba. Get ready for the lift!" The coach called.

So, Boba did get ready. Part of training involved everyone getting a turn to be a lifter or a liftee, depending on size, weight, and strength. Even some of the smallest cheerleaders were heavier than they looked. This time around, Boba got to put his aim, his strength, and jumping skills to the test.

With determination in his eyes, Boba took the run, flipped over and pushed himself up toward the target.

But just as Boba was about to land on the top of the pyramid, something magical suddenly happened in the form of Boba sprouting his wings, which threw the other cheerleaders off and made everyone fall down!

Boba was able to start flapping and land on his feet.

"Boba! What happened?" Omega asked, helping another cheerleader up.

"I don't know." Boba said. "My wings just burst out of nowhere."

Boba folded them in and made them vanish like any other time. That was weird, he thought.

"Alright, everyone. Take five and we'll try again."

As school started, all the kids went to class to do the school stuff. Now that the cafeteria was cleaned up and fixed, school could resume as scheduled. And that was a good thing because there were less than two months left in the school year, and the eight grade class graduation was scheduled to go on soon.

Omega felt glad to be back in a real school again too. When you'e spent your whole life in one place, a real school can feel like a great new journey, especially when you find out all the different extracurricular activities you can do and you discover your passion while doing it.