Return of the Sith

Satine and Obi-Wan looked the happiest they'd ever been as their friends and family all came bearing gifts for Baby Olivia.

Chancellor Organa was among the distinguished guests.

"Allow me to wish you my congratulations on Princess Olivia's safe and healthy birth." Bail said. "And what a beautiful girl she is."

Bail smiled at the baby as she looked curiously at him, gripping his finger.

Korkie held his new baby cousin as she lay wide awake, her eyes matching her mother's. Everyone went all gaga over the new baby girl.

"Cootchie, cootchie, cootchie." Comedia cooed, flailing her tongue around in an effort to make the baby laugh.

Olivia just stared at her with wide eyes, sucking on her pacifier.

"Wow. Tough crowd, aren't you?" Comedia said.

"She is just a baby, after all." Ki-Adi said, unable to keep from smiling as he tickled the child. "A very beautiful baby at that."

Olivia seemed like a pretty quiet baby too. Every time someone came up to meet her, she just stared up at them with wide eyes.

Anakin and Padme came up with their baby twins to introduce them to Olivia.

"Luke, Leia." Padme said. "This is your godsister Olivia."

"Olivia, meet your new friends." Korkie said, holding Olivia up so she could get a better look at the older babies. "Luke and Leia. They're babies just like you."

Luke and Leia both looked very curiously at the new baby before them. Leia babbled as though saying 'hello,' and Luke just cooed.

"Can I hold her?" Lamenta asked the new parents.

"Just be very careful." said Satine.

Korkie carefully passed Olivia into Lamenta's arms. The night princess smiled at the little bundle of joy in her arms, the little one once again having wide eyes of wonder.

But... Olivia started crying and getting fussy.

"Um, Obi-Wan? Satine?" Lamenta said worriedly.

Olivia just cried louder even as her mother took her into her arms.

"It's okay now, Olivia. Shh. Shh. Shh." Satine soothed.

"She doesn't like me." Lamenta looked down and stepped away.

"Now, now, Lamenta. That's not true." Obi-Wan said. "She's just tired."

Lamenta wasn't sure she believed that though. To put it simply, she was not quite as popular as her cousin Gabby, nor as lucky to have a large number of people in her life for the first three years of her life. Having spent three years always on the move, she never had any real friends. Her mother was an only child and back then they thought Carmine was an only child too, and neither of them had any other family (that they were aware of), and even when Carmine and Lamenta joined the Order, Lamenta was still very shy as well as mistrusting of others. I mean, would you find it easy to trust people after people have tried to take advantage of you literally all your life?

When Gabby held Olivia, the baby didn't cry at all. Even though she was technically still a little kid herself, Gabby was found to really have a way with babies. This made Lamenta wonder... would her new baby brother or sister react to her the same way Olivia had?

What if the new baby didn't like her? What if her parents liked the new baby more than her? What if she became totally invisible to the rest of the family once the new baby came?