New Year, New Girl, New Changes

The new year had begun, and that meant it was gonna be time for school to start again soon.

Everyone loved the holidays, but even they had their downsides, and the biggest downside was always... cleaning up when it was over.

Saying goodbye to the good times was always a sad thing. But you know what they say about endings. Each one brings a brand-new beginning, and after Life Day comes New Year's, after which came a new semester for school.

The Skywalker-Jinn children were no exception to this.

"Oh, children." Shmi said, looking at the time. "Grab your backpacks and get to the ship. You don't want to be late."

The kids were just finishing their breakfast. It was the first day of back to school after the holidays, and the kids were ready to get back to learning in a classroom and getting a break from all the excitement they faced this holiday season. Saving Santa and Life Day from two clavatized villains, delivering a billion presents across the galaxy in one night and making it home in time to celebrate with family on Life Day Morning. It was all exhausting!

"I call shotgun!" Omega exclaimed, getting in the ship first after passing through the snow.

"Be careful, kids." Padme said, coming to get the kids to school. "It's still a little slippery out here."

"WHOA!" exclaimed another voice. "Watch out!"

Anakin slipped right past the kids, just barely managing to save himself with a couple vines.

"See what I mean?" Padme chuckled.

"I'm okay, though." Anakin said, dusting some snow off his pants. "Just giving the kids an example of why they need to be careful."

The kids laughed and got into the ship so their parents could drop them off at school.

Twenty minutes later...

Everyone at school was all bundled up in their winter wear, as it was snowing today. Not enough to cancel school, but definitely enough to play with at recess later.

Padme and Anakin kissed the children goodbye and sent them in to head to their respective classrooms.

"I hope they don't forget to turn the heat on in the gym today." Boba said. "Remember what Uncle Carmine said about dancers and cold season?"

"Cold weather and strong dancing muscles don't mix." Omega nodded. "I remember."

"Don't I know it." said Lamenta as she walked into the hall with her cousins. "Dance on cold muscles and it's Ouchie City."

The kids soon went their separate ways and got to their classrooms.

Gabby and Lamenta found their desks, but Lamenta looked around and saw Lee Ali wasn't there.

"Lee Ali must be running late today." Lamenta guessed.

As it was time for class to begin, Ms. Deera had a special announcement.

"Everyone, I'm very glad to see you all again. I hope you all had a marvelous holiday with your friends and family. Now, let's all give a warm welcome to our newest student."

Next to Ms. Deera, there was a little human girl with pretty brown skin dressed in yellow, and she had a little headband with little curly antenna on it.

"Everyone, this is Goldie Heartwood. Goldie, would you like to tell us something about yourself?"

Goldie was very shy, and she started hiding her face behind her caterpillar plushie.