Royal Girl Talk

Featured song: Two Oruguitas (English version of Dos Oruguitas from Encanto)

For the time being, the Heartwoods were to be monitored very closely, just to be sure Mariposa wasn't trying to trick them. Some days went by, and Garrett's teaching was indeed effective. He knew so much about all kinds of magic and magical creatures.

Qui-Gon's strength worked better than ever with his teachings, Anakin started being able to grow bigger, stronger plants in shorter amounts of time, and Carmine got to practice charming with his music.

As for the youngest doresho gypsy, Gabby and Lamenta still let Goldie play with them at school and at home, but they kept it quiet from everyone else that she was half doresho.

Anakin, of course, shared this news with the Jedi Council.

"This is concerning news." said Eeth.

"Are we sure we can trust this woman?" said Hydrangea.

"We're still running a background check on her," said Anakin. "So far, she seems okay, and the kids and Goldie are still getting along."

"There's been no reports of any mariclava activity as if late." said Zipp.

"That's not necessarily a good thing." Ki-Adi said.

"He's right. If there's one thing I learned about some of the most devious pranksters, it's that their most dastardly method is leading their victims into a false sense of security by randomly pausing between pranks, and then... WHAM!"

Comedia jumped out, confetti bursting seemingly from out of nowhere.

"Easy prey." Comedia lifted her hoof. "And now I know where I left my confetti cannons."

"Comedia, I thought I told you to put that stuff away."

"Sorry, Daddy." Comedia's ears drooped.

The Jedi Council did come to an agreement on one thing though. For now, they had to keep a close eye on the Heartwood girls until they knew more about them.

They only knew for sure that Garrett was a respectable man in the Enchanted Teachers Committee, had many former students who could vouch for his honesty and teaching abilities. And if a man like him managed to continue doing so and married Mariposa in his own will, how bad could this particular gypsy really be?

Mariposa, on the other hand, felt relieved that at least she and her family didn't have to hide from the royal family anymore, but she also worried if they would ever earn their trust.

Goldie meant everything to Mariposa and her husband; it killed both of them that they had to keep her hidden from the rest of the Galaxy just because she was half doresho. They wanted her to be able to see the Galaxy, be with other kids, and choose whatever career her heart desired. The only reason she didn't have to wear a cloak was because she didn't have her wings yet. But, she would get them eventually. And before that happened, they had to make the galaxy safe for her and other doresho gypsies out there.

One morning, while the children were away at school, Mariposa invited herself into the palace garden, where she saw many beautiful flowers getting ready to bloom. It reminded her so much of her old home in the days before spring.

"Just hang in there, little ones." Mariposa said, gently caressing a rosebud in her hand. "Soon, you will blossom into something wonderful."

Padme entered the garden herself and spotted Mariposa as she was looking at the winter pansies and singing to them.

Two oruguitas

In love and yearning

Spend every evening