CHAPTER 2

The alarm clock saying 6 am blared station 10 radio news as the early morning news was read out by some old sounding dude as he talked about news that had happened earlier in the night. I got up and went to the drawer and grabbed some new clothes and put them on and then I went over to by piggy bank which was a cliche pig and took out some of my money which was in dollars along with a few quarters for the pinball machines. I left my room and went into the kitchen, and I opened up a box of tarty pops which was the frosted Strawberry flavor and then I put them in the toaster and waited 5 minutes. I turned on the television to Channel 10 news and watched what was going on in the news earlier that night. That's when the Tarty Pops were ready, and I grabbed them and waited for them to cool down a bit. Only if they were really so hot their cool because then I wouldn't need to wait like the ads said. So, then I ate my breakfast while watching the news and at this point in time my mom is still asleep as she waits around 10 am to get ready for work and then works as a janitor at the Everything incorporated factory till 3 am. After I finished eating my food I went to the garage and opened it and took out my bike and then closed the garage and went back outside. I got on my bike and then rode for a few minutes to get to the Pinball Arcade called "Nolan's Pinball Kingdom" which was named after Nolan Mack since the town kind of lives off him and his famousness. Almost every place in town is named after Nolan to get more people to visit this town and even our town motto is "The place where pinball champions live." I went into the arcade and then walked over to the first pinball machine I found which was Medieval Madness released in 1965. I put the quarter in the machine and then the ball fell down and I pulled back on the ball shooter and shot the marble off and it bounced around the playfield.  It hit a couple bumpers and then went back and forth between hitting the same two bumpers over and over again. Then it fell down and I hit it with the left flipper, and it went flying back up again. It went across the controlled lamps and then fell back down and then I hit it with the right flipper and then it fell down again, and I had to hit it with the left flipper again. It went across more controlled lamps and then hit a few bumpers and then went flying and hit a cardboard cutout of a knight on a horse with a thing that let it spin if it was hit then it fell back down again and then hit another spinning knight, but it wasn't on a horse. Then the thing fell down and then I hit it with the right flipper and then it went up and then it fell down into the out hole and I lost the game with 100 points so then I walked over to the next Pinball Machine. The next pinball machine was a pinball machine called "The Lawnmower man" which has nothing to do with the Stephen King movie of the same name or the short story of the same name written by Steven King. I put the quarter in, and the ball fell down into the slingshot and then I pulled back on the slingshot and fired the ball. The ball went flying across the playing field and hit a few bumpers and then it the controlled lamps and then pasted by a large lawnmower an fell down. I hit it with the right flipper and then it shot up and then went down and then I had to hit it with the left flipper. Then it went back flying up and then I went down, and I gave it a hard hit with the right flipper and the thing hit the lawnmower and then passed by some control lamps spelling lawnmower man. Then the ball went down into the out hole and the game was over and so I moved on to the next few pinball machines. I played the rest of the pinball machines for a while as I got pretty good scores on the games and finished playing all the machines they had. The last one I played was "The Warrior" released in 1984 by the Everything incorporated company. There was also a game named after Nolan Mack called "Nolan" which I got a high score of 100,000 and that was released in 1973. That's when I noticed it was 8:15 am and I was going to be late for school so I ran out of there and got on my bike and rode to school.