CHAPTER 3

I arrived at school at 8:25 which means that passing period had started but I still had enough time to get to class so I put the lock on my bike and ran into the school to get to class. My first class is on the first story of the school at the very end. So, I ran down the hallway to get to the and then took a sharp left turn into my first-class Science in room B-17. I sat down in my seat as the bell rang and then the teacher started to give the first lesson of the day. Our teacher had us all pair into groups of 3 as each person had a job. The first person's job was to collect the supplies and the next person's job was to mix the chemicals. Then the last person's job was to clean everything up and then bring them back to the box. I grouped up with my friends Joel Nelson and Mike Robinson. We've known each other since the 1st grade, and we've been best friends ever since. Joel was the guy to grab the supplies and I mixed the chemicals and Mike put them away. The two chemicals I had to mix were a blue chemical and some red thing and I don't know what they do exactly. First, I had to turn the burner to 97 degrees and then I had to put the blue into the red. Then I had to but the mix into the big cup and then put that on top of the burner and then we had to wait. We were just standing there and talking waiting for the next direction for what the teacher has to say. Then Kevin walked over and then turned up the burn to 200 degrees and Joel yelled "Hey, Kevin stop!" Then he ran off and then Bill ran over and then raised it to 250 and then Mike tried to stop him and then Bill slapped him and smacked him around. Then I tried to turn the burner down but then it started to fizz, and fluff came out and it blew up. The teacher got so mad that we were sent to the principal's office, and I tried to explain to him that it was Kevin and Bill's fault. But he wouldn't hear it and said that we shouldn't be trying it to blame it on other people. But Mike tried to explain that we're not blaming it on other people since they literally did it, but he still wouldn't hear it and sent us to the office. Now we had to sit in detention afterschool, and we wouldn't get out till 5 pm and they had to sign a letter saying they know about what happened. Then by the time we got back from the office it was second period time and that was math class. The teacher handed us some algebra worksheets and then made us do some algebra and then when you finished, she just would hand you some more worksheets. Then after we finished, she made us do more Geometry and that was really the whole class so for third period it was History. The teacher started giving us a lesson on the development of the Electric typewriter after we learned about the history of the Mechanical typewriter back in the 7th grade. The reason why is because we were supposed to learn about the theory of the big bang to the fall of Rome during sixth grade. Then learn about the medieval ages and the age of discovery and finally the age of enlightenment. this year we should be learning about the fight for independence from the British and the industrial revolution and then all the way to the end of World War 1. But you see when some of the parents found out we were learning about the big bang and how the big bang created everything they got angry. You see some of the parents in town go to church and freaked and protested it. They threw tomatoes and blocked off roads and threw eggs at the principal. So, they started teaching us creationism which is just medieval madness like medieval stuff. Well, the rest of the parents got angry and now we had two sides to the thing and so the rest of the year we just got to basically have a free period since they couldn't teach us anything. So, in the 7th grade they started teaching about American history but them some of the younger parents and folks got mad. They said that since these folks were slave owners and minorities their rights then we should forget about them and only teach about the hidden figures. Well, the older folks said that we should learn the facts and not be blinded by political correctness. Well, this almost started a civil war! as for about a month school was out since there was a whole standoff between them and again a war almost started if it wasn't for the police calming everyone down. But yeah so, we learned about the history of the electric typewriter in class today and it was boring and not important. Now fourth period was PE, and I don't like PE since the coach is kind of a jerk to all of us. Joel used to wear all of his gym clothes under his normal clothes for a while since he doesn't like to get clothed with everyone else. But of gym teacher Jones noticed this and told him that he had to get undressed like the rest of us and just to make sure ever since then he watches him get undressed every day. also, he breathes very heavily when he does it and even watches us shower which is gross and everyone has reported him, but they have done nothing.
After we all got ready Jones had all of us play dodgeball and split us between popular and unpopular. Me, Joel and Mike were all on the same team but Kevin and his two friends Butch and Biff were on the popular team. Since Kevin in on the football team and has won us every game in September of 6th grade along with Biff and Butch. They are the talk of the school and popular. When the game started our team grabbed a few balls and then threw them but most missed but on hit Danny Wilson and then we had balls thrown our way. Mack Conners and Sarah Miles was hit. Then Joshua Sanders and twins jessie and Renne jones got hit out. I grabbed a flying ball and Joel grabbed one and somehow Mike got two and we chucked then. None of them hit and Kevin grabbed one of them and threw it at Mike's face and hit him and then guess what? Kevin broke the rules and crossed the team line to our area and grabbed the ball again and kept hitting him. Over and over and over he kept hitting him with the ball and it was one of those hard rubber ones and he just kept throwing it at his face. Soon he just started using it like a weapon and hit him and didn't even throw it at his face but smashed his face with it, but the game kept going. Donald Marsh grabbed one and hit out Mackenzie shoot and then Don Shoemaker hit Ron Wilder with heavy ball hit. Soon it was me, Joel and Kevin with Biff and Butch and it was a standoff. A ball rolled into the middle and then I grabbed the ball and was about to throw it then Kevin grabbed it and then smacked me over and over and then Jones blew the whistle. I thought the Kevin was get in trouble but somehow, I was the in trouble and I now have detention tomorrow since somehow, I should have given it to Kevin but anyways I have to talk about lunch now.