Chapter 5

The alarm clock blared at 6 am again playing the news that station 10 news was talking about. The same old station 10 reporter reported on the news, and I got out of bed. I got dressed and turned off the alarm and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a tart-pop out of the box and but it in the toaster. Then I walked into the living room and turned on the television. I watched the channel 10 news reporting on the early morning news. Then the tart-pops were ready, and I put them on a plate and poured a glass of orange juice. I put them on the table and drank the juice and ate the tarts. Then I when it the garage and opened the door and moved by bike outside. I then closed the garage and then got on my bike and rode down to the video arcade. I arrived at the video arcade. The place was called "Flynn's arcade" and was all kinds of old retro arcade games. I walked into the arcade and looked at all the old arcade games from the 70s and 80s. I saw games like Pong, Pac-man, Galaga, Galaxian, Asteroids, Berserk, Donkey Kong and a whole bunch of other classic games from the golden age of video games. As I looked at all the arcade games, I noticed that all the arcade games with high scores at the name "Zac" at the top of every list. Asteroids, Defender, Bubbles, Missile command and every game that let you put a name on the high score list. I walked over to the game Space invaders and put a quarter in. I started playing the game and started shooting aliens and avoiding missiles from them. I dodged missiles from the aliens and destroyed rows of aliens over and over and mad my way through levels. I kept making my way through levels and fighting aliens as the borders protecting me fell apart more and more. They continued to fall apart as each levels progressed, and the sound go faster and faster. Then there was so little border protection and then the last bit was destroyed, and I died. I walked over to the next game which was Galaxian and so I put a quarter in and started playing. I avoided the aliens as they came flying down over and over again and I shot aliens. I kept making my way through the levels as the levels got harder and harder, but I kept shooting aliens. I got a good few more levels before I lost my last life to one of the aliens. So, I walked over to an arcade machine a bit aways which was Asteroids. I put a quarter into the machine and started blasting at asteroids and UFO's all over the place. I got a few good waves before I lost my first life, and I lost my second life that same asteroid wave. I kept playing and made it through a couple more waves of asteroids before I lost my last life. I put in my name as Dav, and I got number 5 on the top player chart. I walked over to the defender arcade game, and I put in a quarter. I started moving across the screen shooting aliens and stopping them from abducting humans and killing mutant aliens. I got a fourth ship as a life after I got my first 10,000 points. I survived for a while in the game till I lost my first life and then soon after my second life. I survived in the game for a while more before I lost my third life and I lost got a new life but I lost my last one.So,I walked over to the next arcade machine which was pac-man.I started making my way through the maze and eating pallets.I avoided the ghosts and I got through enough mazes for the first cut scene.Then I made it to the second cutscene and I was able to move my way to the final cutscene.On level 10 I lost my first life and then one level 12,I lost my second life.On level 16 I lost my final life and then after I died I checked my watch and I saw it was 8:15.So,I ran outside and got on my bike and bikes off to the school.