CHAPTER 16

It now has been 15 days since I started playing Pinball and now, I'm very tired and I'm barely staying awake, but I know I can stay awake. I'm having a real hard time staying awake since it has been 15 days and there isn't much to look at since I'm just hitting the same flippers over and overs. I hit the same flippers over and over again and then continue to hit the same flippers over and over again. It's getting very tiring, but Joel brought a soda with a straw, so I'm energized for a while as it was the normal version of a Rocky Cola and not a diet Rocky Cola. Also, I haven't eaten in days besides the soda so I'm kind of hungry but say I just think about playing pinball to keep the hunger at bay. There's probably about 35 people surrounding me who are cheering me on and shouting. There are also a couple news reporters who are reporting on the marathon and there's probably 5 tv reporters and about 10 paper reporters. They are currently taking photos and taking videos of what I'm doing. I'm getting really tired of this since I can hardly stay awake. The soda kept me awake for a while and also a couple hours ago Mike splashed me with a bottle of water that shocked me and kept me awake for a while. But when I started to fall asleep the energy from the soda kept me awake. It's getting very boring doing this stuff just hitting the flippers over and over again. Just hitting flippers and watching the ball fall down and get bumped around before I smack it with the flipper again. The one good thing with all of the noise and sound from the people is that it keeps me awake from falling asleep. Sometimes I see things like spiders and snakes crawling around and then I completely freak out, but I realize they're not real before the game is over. I'll see them crawling around on my face or like on the table or on my arms. I'll freak because I hate spiders and snakes and I'll scream and panic but then I'll rush back to the pinball machine before the ball went down to the outfield. But I guess that's what happens when you go for days without sleep and one time, I saw a massive snake. That made me run across the building before I ran back to the pinball machine. Now currently I'm playing pinball and that's it just hitting flippers and hitting flippers some more. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep playing pinball for, but I'll try to stay awake since I need to break the record because I've got nothing better to do. That's it really it, I have nothing better to do since this town is pretty boring. This town is so boring that I chose to try to break the record for the longest time of playing pinball and the highest score because there nothing to do. Currently Joel and Mike are here and there just kind of watching and now. You know this machine is pretty beat up since it's got a right leg that is completely rusty from all of these years and a bit of the back left is rusty. Also, the screen for the scores is cracked and the corners of the playing field are cracked. When I was pulling back on the thing to shoot the ball it sounded like the springs were going to snap. When I started pulling on the slingshot thing it sounded like the thing could break and the thing was very rusty. It was all red and there were flakes of rust on the ground and most of the art is falling off. Like the top art is gone and the left side is torn and is washed out so clearly no one has taken care of it. It's kind of confusing that no one did since this machine is the main reason why this town is even known for anything. I mean this is the machine that led to the success of Nolan Mack back in 1970 as no other pinball machine had a score that was that high. Also, this game is still the pinball machine with the highest possible score. My current score is 873,791 so I have much a way to go so I don't think I will beat the record anything soon, but I have to keep trying. With each hit of the bumpers the score goes up more and more and I just need to stay awake to get the high score of over 3 million. The people who created this pinball machine created it to be used for marathons and pinball high score contest which is why the score is so high. They wanted people to compete in competitions so the highest score you can get is 10 million points. But I know that I can get that knew score that new score and I know I can get it is I just keep going.