Chapter 2: Nose Bleed

Chapter 2

Becky was nowhere to be seen the moment Freen woke up. She must have gone to shower to get ready for class. Early morning routine was all about time management. There were only two options; it's either you needed to be fast, or you wake up early to get everything done just in time. It was obvious that Freen could opt for the first. What did you expect? It was her fourth year in the academy.

"Damn, I must look like a panda." Freen patted her face gently, wishing that would freshen her up.

What happened last night almost caught her into a controversy. Freen's last conscious mind was her, comforting Becky to sleep but the next thing she knew, she was fast asleep next to the girl. Freen freaked out upon realizing that. It was just by pure luck that none of their dormmates was awake at that moment.

Becky was back at her space again the moment Freen returned from the bathroom. Whatever Freen has been witnessing has caused her to sigh deeply, frustrated by the scene. Becky was having a trouble time fixing the bedsheet and the bedspread. Lily must have briefed the London girl about those dos and don'ts last night. Everything must be kept neat before you leave the dormitory. Any messy bed or dormitory will be penalized with demerit where the cumulative points of your house will be deducted. Freen did not wish to bother but the sight of the London girl's incompetence really hurt her eyes.

"All you should do is ask for help. There are many people here. Anyone can help you if you ask politely."

Becky was surprised by Freen's sudden appearance. She stiffened there; a dreadful look drawn all over her pale face.

"Move aside and watch closely. I'll teach you how to do it." Learn by example, Freen believed it was how it should be. You observe, understand, or memorize it and carry it out on your own.

In the midst of their usual hectic morning, Freen did not know that Lily was watching them from a distance.

"Who is babysitting the girl now?" Lily laughed internally.

*******

"Thank you." Becca said, pouting her lower lips. She lowered her head, avoiding an eye contact with Freen.

Freen saw everything. That effortless expression of Becky pouting her lips was natural as if it's her habit. She did not usually get affected by anything humanly, but it seemed odd with Becky. Her heart fluttered strangely. Lub-dub, lub-dub...the thumping of her heart was getting harder and quicker with each passing second.

"That's annoyingly cute."

"Whatever, I need to get ready myself." Freen shook it off.

Freen was just about to turn on her heels when her eyes caught the sight of Becca's wrinkled shirt. The white shirt was the most prominent part of the academy uniform. It should be perfect.

"Wait a second, did you iron your uniform just now?" Again, she did not wish to bother but everything seemed to hurt her eyes this morning. The perfectionist Freen could not accept such disgrace to the uniform. Every student must neatly dress up.

"I did..." Becca hesitated "But I guess it didn't turn out well." With all the pouting, Becky's mouth might turn into a duckbill by now.

"Oh my goodness. You're giving me headache when I don't need to." Freen pinched the bridge of her nose, already appearing to be stressful.

"Oh Lord, you guys really need a proper orientation week. You can't even do the basic thing properly." Clueless, Becca only stood there watching Freen losing her mind that early in the morning.