Chapter 11: Known

Chapter 11

"Doesn't it hurt your cheeks?" Freen glanced to her side just to check on her girl. They were heading back to the hostel. It was getting late by the time they had done with everything. There was none of a single soul seen around the academy compound except them and the gang.

"Huh?" Becky was taken aback by that sudden question.

"Are you that happy? You can't stop smiling and grinning." Freen rephrased and gazed right into Becky's eyes. Her eyes twinkled with so much adoration as they maintained the eye contact. Right, she could call Becky her girlfriend now or GirlFreen or whatever it is. Becky is hers.

"I'm over the moon." Becky smiled broadly. She stretched her hand forward, adoring the ring Freen gave her.

However then, her eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. "I wonder how you got the ring. It's a couple ring to begin with." Becky asked, just like Freen had anticipated.

"It's a secret." Freen answered casually.

"Or did you get it for someone else?" Becky's suspicion grew stronger that she immediately stopped herself from walking. Her lips quivered with suppressed insecurity.

"Baby..." Freen sighed, taking both of Becky's hands with the intention to comfort the grumpy girl.

"You're calling me 'Baby' again." Becky blushed and distracted all at once just because Freen called her that way.

"Aww look at you. Do you usually blushed whenever you're shy?" Freen laughed and could not help herself as she squeezed Becky's reddened cheeks playfully.

"Stop it! I can't control it." Becky touched her cheeks that began to feel warm now. Her face heated up like she's having a fever. It was not that she's embarrassed. It's just that there was a strange feeling when Freen called her in such tender way. It was extraordinarily heart fluttering.

"You're so adorable that I want to kiss you right now." Freen whispered. The smirk that followed right after was cheeky one.

"Such a tease!" Becky puckered her lips in complaint.

"Cute." Freen touched Becky's nose with the tip of her index finger.

"Nah, my girl is even cuter." Becky said in return.

"Okay Baby." Freen smiled sheepishly. "I supposed that now we're together, we should have an endearing way to call each other. You'll be my Baby or BB for short." Freen said.

"BB?" Becky raised an eyebrow in questioning gesture. What was the supposed to mean?

"The shortform for Baby Beck." Freen responded, grinning from ear to ear just like a child who's waiting to be complimented for her diligence.

"You do remember it, and I see that you're a creative person." Becky smiled back, realizing how Freen was paying attention to the details this entire time and remembered those tiny things.

"Naturally born this smart and quick-witted." Freen brushed her shoulder proudly as she praised herself. How conceited.

"Then what should I call you? My love? My sweetheart? Teerak?" Becky thought out loud, pointed out the option one by one.

"Up to you. You can think of it later." Freen said.

"Babe." Becky said short.

"Hmm?"

"Babe ka. It suits you well. My Babe." Becky grinned widely. She just found a cute way to address her girlfriend.