Chapter 6: Of Butterflies and Shoelace

Chapter 6

The three weeks given time seemed a little too short for everybody. Here came the night for their musical theatre performance. The entire hall was already filled with students from different grades, eagerly waiting for the magical show to begin. For some, it might be just an ordinary night to unwind after a long week but for certain people, it's the time to see their admired person to perform and shine – fangirling so typical of girls' school thing.

"I'm so nervous." Jim exhaled a lungful air, trying to compose herself. The backstage was a bit chaotic with their final preparation. People went back and forth to arrange things and stuff, making it a little suffocating.

"Eh? You're acting as if you're the one who's going on the stage!" Kade glared at her best friend for the exaggeration. Jim had been anxious for no reason.

"Everything alright?" Tee showed up, checking up on everyone.

"I feel like I wanted to puke." Becky grimaced. The colour drained from her face as if she had seen a ghost. Her pale skin looked even whiter as she spoke.

"Becky dear, look at me. You can do this okay? Remember what we practiced every day?" Kade shifted Becky's attention, cupping the girl's cheek in encouraging way. Becky nodded slowly, taking in the energy and confidence that Kade radiated at her.

"Is it too hot here? You're sweating." Kade noticed. Becky did not say much. It was too overwhelmed for her. She was just unsure whether it's too warm there or she was just too anxious.

"Freen, bring the mini fan here. Our Becky is sweating like hell." Kade ordered but none coming for help. No one even realized that Freen was gone from their side.

"Where the hell is she?" Tee searched around just to find Freen munching some snacks at a corner. Everyone knew that Freen is a food lover. Food is her life, and she could not resist that. Whenever there's food, there will be Freen and vice versa and it seemed that tonight was no exception for the fact too. Food over everything else.

"Freen! Come bring the mini fan. Hurry up!" Kade called from a distance. Everyone watched as she tried to finish anything she had in her hand now. Only then Freen hurriedly made her way to the gang.

"How did you even manage to get those food?" Every eye was on Freen again, checking out the amount of food she got with her. There were sausages and nuggets, popcorn, and soda drinks. She even had some more inside the paper bag she's been carrying.

"They sell it outside. You can have some if you want to." Freen shrugged, offering the food to her friends.

"It's not the time for that!" Jim waved it off. "Now hold the fan so that Becky can cool down." Freen scowled because Jim scolded her, yet she obeyed, standing on Becky's side as she held the automatic mini fan.

"Are you hungry? You want some?" Freen offered a piece of chicken nugget to Becky, but the girl shook her head immediately.

"I can't." Becky said, covering her mouth with her palm as if she's really wanted to puke right now.

"Have some water then." Freen handed a bottle of mineral water – already uncapped it for the girl. Becky did not hesitate as she grabbed the bottle and finished half of the content within seconds.

"You're that thirsty huh?" Freen was bewildered.

"Come Becky. Let me give you the final touch up. Aww, you look heavenly gorgeous." Jim commented, adoring Becky's cuteness. The Hafling girl looked different tonight despite her well-known beauty. Perhaps the fairytale concept gave it a whole new vibe to her appearance – enchanting.