Chapter 4: A Game

Chapter 4

Jim, Kade and Tee showed up at Freen's dorm right after the General Inspection was over. It's only at the weekend that breakfast time is extended until 10 a.m. Most students would then take the opportunity to go for breakfast in the dining hall. When it came to the news that the dining hall served a special menu for breakfast, no one would miss the chance.

"Becky will join us." Freen told them, pointing towards Becky's direction with her chin. The girl was halfway getting herself ready.

Tee snorted and then shrugged nonchalantly. "Isn't it obvious? It's okay, we'll wait for your girlfriend." Tee was trying to get under Freen's skin as usual.

The catfight between Freen and Tee was just about to begin when Becky approached them. Freen behaved herself instantly.

"Good morning, Baby." Kade and Jim greeted Becky, with the intention of teasing the girl. The scene from last night was still fresh in everyone's mind. Becky smiled sheepishly, realizing that she would get teased for it for the rest of her life here.

"Let's go. I'm hungry." Freen waved it off, purposely made her way through everyone and headed out first. Kade and Jim muttered under their breath as they were being pushed sideways. They understood it well, Freen disliked whatever they had done. Their mission accomplished!

"Oh huh! Someone is jealous! Aren't you going to wait for your girlfriend?" Tee said out loud, making sure the word 'girlfriend' came out clear enough to everyone's hearing.

"Are we waiting for another person?" Becky queried, totally clueless of the whole situation.

The Incredible Three exchanged their amused look, realizing how Becky could act indifferent and clueless in such a way. "No. Let's get going." Kade assured it.

*******

The five of them ended up at the dining hall, lining up with the other students for their food. The dining hall was almost fully occupied; some just get their seats while certain already finishing their meals. It was a little livelier for the weekend which was unusual.

"Ouh, there are a lot of people than I thought." Kade complained, waiting impatiently in the line.

"Why do I feel like everyone is staring at us?" Jim said, gaining the girls' attention to the matter.

"I think they're not staring at us. They're looking at Becky." Tee voiced it out.

Freen's ears perked up at the mention of Becky's name. The Incredible Three were right about it. Everyone who walked past by them would steal a glance and try to take in Becky's appearance. Those staring eyes were too obvious; bothersome. Freen did not like it.

"I suppose you've become popular these days." Tee spoke to Becky, teasing the girl with her wiggling eyebrows.

"Huh?" Becky was clueless as her usual self.

"Don't you know that you're the talk of the school?" Tee added.

"And why is that? I didn't do anything." Becky could not wrap her head around the information Tee just told her.

"Exactly. Your existence itself is enough to shake the entire school even if you did nothing." Tee elaborated but it did not seem to help Becky to understand the entire situation.

"Hey, Tee. Stop the nonsense. You're confusing her." Freen finally spoke after a long silence. Annoyance grew on her; everyone could feel that from the tone of her voice. "Becky, come here. Stand behind me." Freen called the confused girl to switch their position. Becky obeyed without hesitation and walked herself closer to Freen. Their height difference was not that much but Freen is a little taller than Becky, just enough to hide the girl from everyone's view.