Chapter 7: Mine

Chapter 7

"Jim, Kade look at your friend." Tee called the two girls, gaining their attention at the mention of that 'friend'. Both Jim and Kade followed the direction where Tee was pointed to and there was no other person than the Chankimha.

"What's wrong?" Kade was annoyed as she was interrupted. They were in the middle of finishing their homework during night prep time. The amount of homework was rather unusual today that Kade felt like she's losing her mind.

"She's looking weird." Tee commented. She has been observing Freen for quite some time now that she could come to that assumption.

"What that supposed to mean? She's always an odd one." Kade wished she did not have to bother.

"She has never been that easy and carefree, isn't it?" Jim guessed. Freen was listening to her MP3 player, humming to the song while doing her homework. At certain point she even danced with the music.

"Correct! You got it right there." Tee said before raising her hand for a 'high five' with Jim.

The Fabulous Three then stared at Freen for a while before Jim and Kade decided to approach the girl. They sneakily took out the earphone from Freen's ear and listened to what the girl's was listening to.

Oh, for you, I would've done whatever,

And I just can't believe we ain't together,

And I wanna play it cool, but I'm losin' you,

I'll buy you anything, I'll buy you any ring.

"Uh huh...Who's your Baby?" Kade teased, realizing that Freen was listening to 'Baby' by Justin Bieber, a hit song released a year before.

"Is it Rebecca Patricia Armstrong?" Jim jested, having the difficulty to pronounce the English name.

"Excuse me? Does everything need to be related to her?" Freen was annoyed. She tried to take back the earphone from the girls just snatched it away from her.

"Well, you kind of obsessed with her lately and you ever called her 'Baby' once." Kade recalled the scene of that night. Both Jim and Tee agreed to the statement too.

"Stop the nonsense. Don't you guys have better things to do? Go back to your place and finish your homework." Freen shooed her friends but the Fabulous Three wouldn't move an inch.

"You think we didn't know anything, isn't it?" Tee had always found her way to provoke Freen.

"As if I have anything to hide?" Freen played it cool even though deep inside it felt like she was caught red-handed. What the Fabulous Three could possibly discovered? Was it about the game they've been playing? Or perhaps the Fabulous Three had seen them kissing forehead and lips?

"Nah, let's just cut it short. Tell us, are you and Becky dating each other now?" Whatever Kade queried caused Freen to choke on her own breath. Sometimes Freen thought that she could not handle the bluntness of her best friends. They're just too straightforward in everything.

"Are you crazy? That's absurd." Freen denied. The grimace on her face described every emotion she had about the groundless question. She totally disagreed with it.

"Be serious, Freen. You know that you can count on us if you need some help for that." It's Jim turn to step in. Unlike Tee, Jim has always been gentle when she's approaching Freen on whatever matter of concern. She played the biggest role in maintaining the harmony of the girl gang.