Chapter 3: BABY

Chapter 3

Both Freen and Becky ended up at the school infirmary. While Becky disagreed with the idea, Freen insisted that to seek medical attention was the best thing to do. Most importantly Freen did not want to hold any responsibility if anything gone wrong.

The school nurse examined Becky while Freen comfortably made herself seated on the adjacent bed, watching every move and procedure.

"I have never seen you before. I suppose you're the girl that everyone has been talking about." The school nurse began, trying to start a conversation, breaking the dead silence between them.

"And you Freen, I see that you get acquainted with a new student." The school nurse added.

"No, I'm not. She's not my friend." Freen was fast to deny. She stole a look at Becky and saw the girl pouted again with that gloomy look. How adorably annoying.

"Then, is she your girlfriend? I see that you have such a good taste." The school nurse teased.

"Auntie Mhee!" Freen recoiled, her face reddened uncontrollably. Becky saw it too but pretended that she did not notice it.

"I'm just joking around. Why are you so serious?" Auntie Mhee laughed, amused at the fact that she managed to tease the girl.

The school nurse or whom everyone called Auntie Mhee has been in charge for the infirmary for more than a decade. Besides taking care and treating students, Auntie Mhee also loved to take care of other matters – gossiping around. She knew everything that happened anywhere around the school. She got her eyes and ears everywhere. If you need any information, just go and find Auntie Mhee. She got everything covered.

"She's such nuisance." Freen complained, did not even care that Becky was listening.

"Yet you still care and took her here." Auntie Mhee added.

"It's just the right thing to do. What if she bleeds to death?" Freen said.

"Dear, don't take it to your heart. Our Freen here might look a little cold and mean on the outside but she's really a good kid." Auntie Mhee said to Becky as she finished her procedure.

"Be nice to each other, okay?" Now Auntie Mhee shifted her attention to Freen.

"Do I look like a bully here?"

"Well, honestly when you girls came in earlier, I thought that both of you caught into a catfight." Auntie Mhee stated.

Freen ran her gaze back to Becky who was resting on the bed, quiet as ever. Auntie Mhee was right. Becky looked like a mess; she did not get the chance to change her clothes just now. If anyone saw them without knowing the whole situation, they might conclude just the same.

"Now please have some rest. I'll put you under observation for some minutes before you can go." Auntie Mhee instructed.

"Thank you Auntie Mhee." Becky who has been quiet for the whole time finally spoke.

"Welcome dear. God, you're so adorable. Just like a Barbie doll."

*******

Freen and Becky was left alone. As strange as it sounded, both were comfortable with the dead silence, staring at each other like one must win a staring contest.

"Where is she?" Freen heard a familiar voice. Somebody entered the infirmary in hurry. There was none other than her gossip gang.

"Becky! Are you alright? Look at you, you look horrible!" Kade was first to approach, followed by Tee and Jim trailing from behind. The three girls surrounded Becky, totally ignoring Freen who was also there.