Chapter 13: The Human Anatomy

Chapter 13

"You are my 'once in a lifetime' person. The one that makes life worth living."

"I supposed my parents send me here with the hope that I can be independent, you know that." Becky said, holding the laundry basket while Freen was loading their laundry into the washer.

It was just another Friday night again, the beginning of their leisure weekend where most of students would take the opportunity to get their business done. Be it washing their clothes or just simply did nothing after a long week, there's always one thing that never ran out of the business, competing for a turn at the self-service laundry.

"You're staying away from home all by yourself. That's considered being independent." Freen responded, was not really paying attention to her girl as she proceeded to pour enough detergent into the washer's compartment.

They have been waiting for their turn for quite a while, long enough for Freen to give up completely. However then, Becky managed to convince Freen to be patient about it. Luck was on their side as they were able to skip a queue. Rules have been made that if the one in front of them did not show up in time, they could cut the line.

"That's not what I mean. I can do this by myself." Becky sighed.

Freen promptly glanced at Becky upon hearing the long heavy sigh from her lover. It's only then she began to realize that the girl has been scowling all along. Becky certainly was unhappy with something.

"Can you pass me the fabric softener?" Freen requested, ignoring the irresistible cute pouting face. Those deep dimples were tempting. Freen wished she could smooch the girl with never ending kisses right there, right now.

Becky obliged as she handed the bottle to Freen. Helping Freen for simple things has been her duty for quite some time now. It was just weird on how things have turned around now, Freen seemed to be spoiling her way too much.

"People might misunderstand this." Becky said, trying to gain Freen's attention all over again.

"Why? Does it look so wrong if I want to pamper my girl?" Freen raised an eyebrow, questioning Becky with a look.

"What if people begin to speculate that I'm taking advantage of you? They could have said that I'm treating you like a nanny or something." Becky brought up the issue, giving Freen a big hint on what was bothering her girlfriend.

For a moment, it frustrated Freen to figure out that Becky was somehow heavily affected by the prior incident. It pained her heart seeing Becky having low esteem and constantly battling with the fear that people might criticize her over petty issues. With every act and decision, she needed to be careful or otherwise people might interpret it in a wrong way. Those people just could not mind their own business and leave them alone.

"Are you really not going to say anything?" Becky queried, noticing how Freen chose to be silent. Instead, she saw the girl stretching out a hand, asking for something which she knew immediately. Becky then, took out the coins from a pouch and handed it to Freen.

Freen deposited the coins into the washer quarter and pushed a combination of buttons before the washer started to work. Only after a long pause she began to spoke again, "I like doing laundry and didn't you say that the clothes that I wash smell a lot better? And do you remember that ever pour the bleach instead of a fabric softener into the machine?"

The flash of the memories replayed in Becky's mind. Her careless and dumb mistake caused a lot of damage which required her to replace a few sets of her academy uniform. Dad and Mom went speechless over the incident while Richie got his lifetime laughingstock subject.