Chapter 15: Catfight

Chapter 15

"Becky, what are you doing?" Freen dashed her way into the dorm, heading straight towards the seemingly infuriated girl.

Back at the far end of the dormitory where Becky's own place was located, the girl was seen packing her belongings into a duffle bag in haste as if she was chasing time. The sour countenance expressed on that already reddened face depicted thousands of words – even from a far distance, Freen could feel the girl's wrath.

The Fabulous Three and Irin who had been ignored by Becky for the past few minutes now could only manage to watch the scene before them in dread. Never in their wildest imagination did they thought they would witness such drama which was mostly seen in Lakorn, happened to be acted out in real life like this. Kade only had one thing on her mind, she thought she has seen this scene before, and she did not like the ending.

(Lakorn = the Thai word for a drama series)

"Don't touch me." Becky winced and stepped back as if the touch from Freen was venomous.

"Becky, calm down. Where are you going?" For a fleeting moment, Freen was just too shocked with Becky's harsh reaction. She stood there in daze, watching Becky's every distress move.

"I'm going home." It sounded like Becky had made up her mind in a short while.

"Baby, could you please listen to me." Freen tried to gain Becky's attention again by grabbing the girl's both shoulder before gently made her to twist around and face her.

Again, Becky flinched and tossed away those hands abruptly. A contortion of repugnance crossed her face, forming a twisted frown, "I said DO NOT TOUCH ME."

A sharp pain pierced through Freen's heart upon receiving such cold treatment from her own lover but then, the fear of Becky's leaving was more profound than the hurt she felt. She needed to, by hook or by crook stopping Becky from going home.

"Becky my love, please reconsider your thought. You're going to exhaust yourself just to go home for a night." Freen persuaded, laying every logical reason she could think of. Although students are allowed to go back for an overnight right after the sports day, they'll need to come back to the academy tomorrow.

"I don't care. I just don't want to see your face." The mean response came out from Becky's mouth carelessly and recklessly.

The inconsiderate choice of words that Becky had chosen, nailed Freen into a coffin of agony. How could she be so heartless?

"Becky..." Freen was stupefied there with a blank stare.

Becky chose to be ignorant. Without any words, the girl left with no second thought.

*******

"Freen, get up now. How long are you going to stay like this?" Jim tried to pull the girl out of the bed, but Freen stiffened herself, not wanting to move even an inch. She has been staying in bed, covering her eyes with one arm from the noon until late in the afternoon by now. Lying motionlessly like a corpse. The pillow might be drenched with her unstoppable tears too. It might also flood the entire floor.

"Don't you feel sorry for Kade and Tee? Look at them, all exhausted and none of us had our meal yet." Jim mentioned, pointing at both girls who were asleep on the floor.

"I never ask you to stay. Just leave me alone." Freen said.

"This is why Becky chose to leave. You self-centred brat!" Jim fumed with irritation.