Chapter 10: GirlFreen

Chapter 10

Becky sat in a cross-legged position on the mattress with her both hands on the knees as she posed an easy yoga posture which she referred to as Sukhasana. She even improvised the entire pose by putting a textbook on top of her head. According to the girl, it helped to relieve stress and improve her concentration level by doing so.

"How long are you going to act silly like that?" Freen glanced at the girl once before concentrating on her read again. The dim brightness from the corridor light shone through the girl's figure, making her looked like a monk on meditation. It was hilarious and eerie at the same time, Freen thought.

"This is called yoga, Freen. I'm trying to stay focus here." Becky responded with her eyes closed.

"It's not like the entire content of the textbook is going to be absorbed through your thick skull. Stop playing around and continue your revision." Freen commented.

"I'm sleepy." Becky opened her eyes and found that Freen was too engrossed with her revision. It irked her at how dedicated the girl was when it came to studying. She would not even blink.

"You agreed on this. Just for another fifteen minutes and we're done." Freen sighed, knowing that Becky was just trying to make an excuse.

Becky eventually managed to convince Freen to accompany her for an extra revision time after the lights went off before they went to bed every night. Her main reasoning was she needed to catch up fast for the syllabus as she joined the academy a little later. On another side note, it was just an excuse for Becky to spend more time with Freen. It came to Becky's realization that being separated by different classrooms made it difficult for them to see each other regularly during the day. The tight schedule of the academy made them too busy and occupied.

Becky removed the textbook from on top of her head before she sneaked herself to lie down and rest her head on Freen's lap. Freen moved her legs gently, making it comfortable for Becky to settle down.

"You're telling me that this upcoming exam is like a pre-examination before we eventually sit for the real mid-year exam?" Becky asked, trying to distract Freen.

Being cheeky and naughty as she has always been, Becky snatched the spectacles that hung carelessly on Freen's nose bridge and put it away. "You look way too hot with your spectacles on. I can't handle it." Becky said.

Freen glared at Becky causing the girl to burst into her hearty laughter.

"I thought you're aware of that." Freen put her textbook aside and paid attention to the girl. She knew it well that their agreed thirty minutes extra revision time before bed would just end up with half of the time only. Becky did not really wish to study. She just wanted some time and perhaps attention.

"Does it mean that we'll be having a lot of tests and examinations throughout the year?" Becky pondered before her face twisted into a surprise look.

"Sort of." Freen shrugged.

"Oh Lord, this is insane! Is this how smartass people are trained and produced here?" Becky shook her head in disbelief. She could foresee her future; it consisted of being stressed and depressed all wrapped in one.

"Hmm, I don't know. It has always been like this since my first year." Freen responded short.

"And no one is complaining?" Becky queried again, still could not believe that everyone thought that it was normal to go through such torture. Who liked the exam anyway?