Disrespect

Amelia Ford P.O.V
May 25th

"Meli you see them looking over here." My big cousin said to me now that her mother moved her back to the hood we could hang out all day. I was happy Aunt Martha brought my only friend and cousin back.

"They only looking at you." Sammy was sweet but no guy was into a dark skin-fat girl unless you were giving it up. And I wasn't ready for all that. I hadn't even figured out what I wanted to do when I grow up.

"As my cousin and your only friend shut up." All the guys that were across the street got in beat-up old Honda and left. My cousin and I both busy on our phones paid no attention to one another.

"Aye Sam, can you babysit?" Glancing up from my phone and see a light skin guy standing on the curb.

"I'm waiting on Dion."

"Can you?" He asked again.

"Nigga I'm going to get my back blown no." She said the door was open and her mother wasn't that far away I glanced over my shoulder seeing was she coming.

"I'm talking to the other girl." My cousin pushed my shoulder telling me to go. But I was about to go home I knew my mom wasn't coming back over here tonight.

"I'll be stuck I don't have a ride." Sam nudged my shoulder towards him silently telling me to do it.

"I'm make sure you get home, all you got to do is sit with my brother them for a little minute." Standing I wanted towards the slim light skin guy. I waved to my cousin leaving with him.

"I'm Montae. Don't be on no weird shit" He said to me as we walked up the street to another section of apartments he spoke to people.

"Amelia." You asked a stranger to follow you I should be scared but I listened to Sammy.

"Cute." He said turning and walking to 289. The sound of crying filled my ears I didn't know what I got myself into. Shutting the door and seeing the dark apartment he took off up the steps as I looked around.

"This Queenie and my little brother Max. I got to go find my brother. If a nigga come in let here let him know I said stay here." He said handing me the baby. The little boy didn't look at me since he was so busy playing with a phone.

"How long will you be?" I asked him as he flipped the light on pizza boxes and little trash was all on the floor. 

"I'll be quick just let me get my keys." He said going into the kitchen and coming back out with a bottle and juice for the boy.

"Ion want no trouble iight?" He said handing him the drink before thanking me and leaving.

9:30 pm

"I'm hungry." I pulled my phone out checking the time it had been a few hours since Montae left. I opened the freezer finding a box of pizza. I opened it tossing it in the oven I wiped the kitchen down while it cooked.

"I need to poop." I heard Max's soft voice say.
"Go ahead." Moving to the living room picking up the stuff on the floor and taking it to the trash. The front door slammed. Lifting my head seeing the guy from earlier and a boy from science class.

"You need to make better fucking decisions." He fussed at the guy from my class. He nodded at me.

"Where everyone?" He asked me.

"Queenie sleep and Max is in the bathroom. And I put a pizza on." I said sitting the trash on the coffee table.

"Go help, Max." He told him as he collected the trash from the table. I moved away from the table and inhale the smell of weed.