school

Amelia Ford P.O.V
AUGUST 7TH

Standing at the schedule table to collect my class schedules since my aunt  didn't go to open house like she was supposed to.

Homeroom- Ela 4
First- Ela 4
Second- math 3
Third- science 4
Fourth- economics  & lunch
Senior work release

Surprised that this year we only had four classes and we were able to leave early once we finished with the day. Headed down the busy hallway where freshmen wandered around trying to find the classes they belong to. Stopping at Miss Peterson classroom door she had been my home room teacher since I was in the 9th grade. And for the last three years my lunch buddy.

"Amelia." She said coming from her board wrapping me in a hug she has been the nicest person to me. Though I never spoke about my home life she sympathized with me.

"Hey." I said wrapping my arms around her nervous and didn't want to go anywhere else. Pulling away she checked me out glancing over my long crop top that showed just a bit of my stomach. Black skinny jeans that were covering my stomach up and my Jordans that Montae actually bought me so we would have matching shoes. Since Sammy friend was out of town my aunt took me to the Dominicans to get my hair silk pressed. And it was kind of long it stopped a little past my shoulders but since it needed trimming and styling she decided to give me a long bob since I didn't want to cut my hair. She smiled at my new clothes and shoes. I had never went to school dirty or with old clothes. Even when my mom was mad she would buy me clothes and shoes.

"Don't you look pretty." She complement me as I smiled at her again nervous.

"Where's breakfast?" I was to nervous to think about eating. Plus I didn't want anyone making jokes about me so I figured I would skip.

"I ate before school." The bell ring before she could respond.  Instead of fussing she held my shoulders speaking words of encouragement into me I headed to my first class as a senior.

"Good morning come on in have a seat in have a seat and be quiet." An older black man said ushering is into the old social studies room where Mr.Wendinberry had a seizure and the class stood watching. Taking the desk beside the door so that I could be in and out without drawing attention. Slowly people walked in talking to one another I held on to my phone nervous.

"Your name?" He said holding a pencil up towards the me as the room went silent.

"Amelia Ford." Speaking loud enough not wanting to repeat myself.

"That will be your seat for the year don't let me catch you over here." Seeing the room divide in half with his desk on the other side of the room. Making me nod my head listening to the laughter everyone said. Until he gave everyone the same to everyone over and over again. 

"Y'all are seniors correct?"

"I expect you to act it homeroom is your free period once the bell rings and switch over to Ela don't start asking to go anywhere. Get it done before my class start by the time Amelia shut my door no one is allowed out until the bell ring."
Hearing the faint rebuttal he ignored them continuing his speech.

Ringggggg!!

Montae walked in the class a second after the bell ring making everyone get quiet since he was a senior last year.

"Name?" The teacher stopped him as he entered in the room. His outfit was similar to mine with a plain black T-shirt and some jeans with a designer Gucci belt and the same black and white Jordans I wore.

"Montae Calhoun." Allowing him to take a seat over in the middle next to a football player named Jacob. Dropping his bag that slapped hands.

"Mr.calhoun that will be your seat for the year don't let me catch you over here." He pointed over to the side I sat on causing a few people to laugh at the same silly speech. Mr.Hines stopped the laughing when he stepped in the classroom bringing a new girl in.