iPhone

Amelia Ford P.O.V
NEXT DAY

Mon- Wya?
Meli- home

My mother and I cleaned my room which had been destroyed. My dresser lay across the floor glass from the mirror broken up under it and my clothes were all over the room floor. She said nothing at all she just cleaned up the mess.

"Here." She handed me my old iPhone 11 back to me accepting the phone back as we moved around the room finding new spots for them. My new TV that once sat on my dresser was mounted to the wall thanks to the man next door.

"Van this is my daughter Amelia." Extending his hand and shaking it before I dismissed myself hearing them laughing as they talked to one another.

"Hello?" I answered the phone Montae had given me over the summer.
"Come on I'm not fucking waiting."
"Montae I'm at my mother's house I can't leave." I guess he assumed my aunt checked me out.
"Fucking you doing there?"
"She picked me up at lunch." I turned on my phone to see if it was reset. Only to see that it was the same phone I left.
"You scared to leave." I had no intention of running away to get beat or hurt I was doing what was asked of me.
"I can't
He heard the phone screen lock knowing he was mad. My mother brought a trash bag to my room.

"Your aunt dropped your stuff off." She said confused now because I thought my mom just took me and my aunt would come looking for me. But she brought me my clothes. I hung up my clothes and laid shoes on the rack.

Next day!

"Amelia, what the fuck did you leave me with that boy for?" Lauren asked me as I came in homeroom she was already seated.

"Dontae cool." That was the most I had ever interacted with him myself he was always trying to get me to talk.

"To you." Laughing at her people filled the room slowly making their way in even though the teacher wasn't in yet.

"Is he single or is he a hoe."

"I have never seen him
Stopping I don't think I ever saw him with one girl dang he was a hoe. Laughing to myself she waited patiently for me to answer.

"Finish." Seeing Montae bent over in the doorway turning back to her finishing our talk.

"He's a good guy I just have never."

"Alright homework pass it up to the person on the left corner should have everyone's sheet right over here." He told the class holding a cup of coffee.

"If you didn't turn one in see me after class." After class, I planned to give Montae his phone back since my mother had turned my phone back on. Leaving Instagram and Facebook Messenger on the phone like he told me to. Searching my bag for either phone knowing I had them this morning on the bus and when I sat in the cafeteria.

"Stop here he comes." Lauren said to me making me glance up to see the teacher standing at my desk.

"Am I disturbing you? I shook my head ignoring the laughter that followed.

"My phone is missing." I mouthed to Montae who watched me search my bag. He didn't know I had my old phone back yet. Raising an eyebrow he didn't seem bothered. As the bell rang dismissing us me and him ended up beside each other I told him my phone had gone missing and he shrugged it off. Headed to whatever class he had next. Making it to my next class thankfully Dontae was already here. I asked Dontae if he could text or call it.

"Put a good word in with your mean-ass friend fa me." He told me holding his phone to his ear.

"Take your seat." Doin as told he turned around holding his thumbs up like what.