No Chances

Amelia Ford P.O.V
June 18th

"My aunt said that I couldn't today but ill come tomorrow," I told Montae as I stood in the mirror in the dress my aunt had given me to wear.

"So I don't matter?" He asked me as I removed one of my headphones from my ear.

"Of course, but I have to go with her." I told him hoping that would end the conversation. He was trying to influence me anytime I wanted or had to do something he tried to get me to change my plans for him. 

"Damn, can I at least see your face?" Picking my phone up as I stood in the mirror trying to hype myself up. Turning my face to the camera. Sammy did more lashes and put on a simple beat on my face my lips were glistening from the lipgloss. I knew he hated it every time I wear it he tell me I should take it off.

"360?" spinning around knowing he wanted to see my outfit.

"Meli let's go." my aunt called.

"I got to go I'll call you when I'm done."
"Just show me." Setting up the camera I backed away from my iPhone 13 so he could see the soft floral short sundress.

"you got to suck your stomach in." Hanging up I studied myself now feeling ugly in the dress. Hanging up the phone up going downstairs.

"Now you look like a young lady." Walking to her car and getting inside she turning the air on pulling out.

"Your appointment is in 30 minutes." She told me I had to go to the health department for birth control.

"Are y'all having sex? You have been locked in that apartment with that crazy ass boy." Shaking my head no we only have been cuddling and hanging out that's it.

"John called me asking why you didn't come to dinner. Care to explain?" She said turning on Benton Street.

"I um was asleep when he um called me."

"um mean um you lying. Now tell me the truth for I not let your ass go back down there."

"I had a headache I took some Tylenol pm,"  I said trying not to say um again.

"Mesha says that the little boy controlling and got a bad temper you saw anything." Shaking my head no again making her arch her eyebrow.

"Don't let that little ass boy be putting his hands on you." She said since I wasn't talking back to her. Checking my phone seeing he had called me twice since I left home.

-So just fuck my opinion?

-My aunt made me wear the dress.

- I guess she is the reason you can't answer the phone.

-No me defending you by telling her you're not CONTROLLING and don't have a bad attitude is.

-why would she think that?
Before I could respond my auntie tapped my shoulder. I knew she couldn't see my screen because my brightness was down plus the letter was so small.

"I'm sure you can go in and get birth control." Getting out doing as told I walked inside the counter where the lady sat. She handed over me a couple of forms to fill out. Taking my seat and completing the paperwork to the best of my ability. Pulling my phone out when I finished.

-You dated someone's daughter she knew. She said those things about you I told her it wasn't true.

"Amelia Ford." The white older lady called my name. After checking my weight and testing me for various diseases that I did not have. Directing me to an exam room and telling me what to expect before leaving me to change into the paper gown.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Montae Facetime calls me while I wait on the doctor. I figured it would be more time before she came so I picked her up.

"Hello?"
"where you at?" Clicking on my picture seeing me and all kinds of female anatomy posters hanging around knowing he could see.
"I'm at the health department."
"Why?"
"This is where my aunt brought me."
"Why are you there Amelia stop playing?"
"My aunt put me on birth control."
"Why?"
"she thinks we are doing something."
"Don't hang up." He said as his screen went dark.

Not even a minute later the lady returned taking a headphone from my ear to be respectful.

"I'm Beth the nurse practitioner and I'll be administering the exam." Sitting down at the computer she went over everything on my form. Hearing every detail of my medical history Montae wouldn't hang up.
"Are you sexually active?"
"No ma'am," I answered her truthfully. Open the equipment she moves in closer to her and flicks on the light. Instructed me how to lay in to move closer to her hand laying my phone on my stomach.

"You're going to feel a little pressure," she said spreading my legs more. Doing the exam and then checking my breast for lumps.

"After every period you check your breast." Nodding my head she kept doing so. Then removing her hand she went to wash them clean.
"Go ahead and sit up." She said lifting the table and allowing me up.

"You getting birth control correct?"
"yes, ma'am."
"What kind would you like."
"The pill." Opening her drawer and pulling out wheels of the birth control.
"This is the first three months after this you'll go to the pharmacy." She put it together and then showed me how to take it.
"you'll take one every morning or evening same time every day so it's effective. And if you mess one take one in the morning and even so, it still protects you. These are only 91% effective." She said to me I nodded my head okay.
Finally, I was able to dress unlocking my phone and noticing that Montae was holding his chin.

"Alright I got to go," I said to him my phone screen locked as he hung up.
Walking out to my aunt in the car on the phone. She was nothing like I thought she was.

"You got it."
"yes."
"This isn't me giving you permission to go out and have sex but to protect you from ruining your life." 

***
***
***

Next Day

"Sam Dion at the door," I said waking her from her sleep and climbing back in bed. It was so early I don't know why she was never up or ready for work.

"Fuck that damn job."Sam cursed I closed my eyes premature to the light coming on.
"Get your motherfucking ass up that boy ain't drive over here for nothing." My aunt said standing over her back. Sammy opened her eyes mugging us.
Making us laugh because she was so mad. Getting up they left the room I went back to sleep.

6:30 pm

"Meli that boy here." Slipping inside the grey shorts my aunt bought me so I wasn't walking around hot all day in sweats. Checking my legs they were big but they were cool. My shirt was big but roomy so you couldn't see my stomach. And my white air forces with tube socks. Walking out of the apartment to Montae's car that was parked on the curb taking a deep breath expecting to be insulted when I arrived.

"what's up beautiful?" He said pulling me into a hug. I could smell the weed on him like I always did. Scanning the back seat the kids weren't with us.

"Damn, you smell good." Thanking him.

"Aren't Max them going?"

"No this is our night."

"mmmm."

"Dinner then the movie or movie then the dinner."

"movie first." Headed to the regal movie theater. It felt like I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"My boy told me about a drive-in theatre and you can order food you down." Agreeing with the idea of a more romantic movie. Headed down savannah street the old school music played love tko played lowly.

Enjoy😗