Long winded

Amelia Ford P.O.V

Where yo mama?" Montae asked laying his sister on my bed as I watched him take a seat on the other side. My mom had left to go out of town and ain't no telling when she was coming back. When she and her friends go on their trips they leave for at least a week maybe two just depends.

"Haven't you missed me?" Leaning against my dresser not really in the mood for company but when he asked was my mom home I told him no he invited himself inside. 

"Amelia?" Nodding my head yes only to be pulled onto his lap he smelt of weed the same lingering smell Rome wore but I could smell his cologne.

"Montae." My eyes flickered over to the baby who slept not even a foot away from us. I didn't want to be intimate with him I wanted to be alone just me and my thoughts. Why would she say that about me so has our friendship been based on her feeling bad for me? She doesn't even know me for real she was judging me on my appearance. I have been through a lot in the last eighteen years. And I didn't want sympathy I just wasn't confident and I love hard.

"Can you hear me?"

"What you thinking about that nigga or some." Shaking my head no blinking my eyes came back to reality, to see him glaring at me as I held on to his back.

"You heavy my leg sleep get up." He said standing to my feet happy to move away from him over to the desk and pulling out the chair.

"I think I'm going to turn in early." I said to him taking my Crocs off and kicking them under the bed getting ready to shower so I could get in bed.

"Good night." He said flipping the channels paying me no mind. Grabbing my Spongebob pajama pants and top going to shower.

"Where them little shorts you couldn't stay out of when you was living with your aunt." My mom had trashed all my shorts and some of the dresses she bought me.

"I don't have them anymore."

"Fuck you mean you don't have them where they at Amelia?"

"My mom trash them."

"That bitch is a hater bro she jealous of you I swear." He told me nodding my head not in agreement but just nodding my head yeah I heard him as he spoke. Leaving to go shower and need some unwinding time. Taking my time I washed my body listening to the TV that talked over my washing my body. Lathering up in dove cleaning my body one last time before getting out. Opening the bathroom door to go back into my room to find Queenie on the bed alone. Wrapping my towel tighter I searched the house for him only to come up empty-handed. Coming to find my phone on my bed opening it to him texting me letting me know he would be back soon just leave the door open. Dressing getting in bed before snuggling with Queen turning to we got to tubi playing old episodes of Eve. Examining my bed before getting out and going to the kitchen to find anything to eat. Checking the empty fridge and then the freezer only to find a Salisbury steak Stouffer's meal opening it and making it. Calling montae while I waited.

"The person you calling has a voicemail that's not been set up. Goodbye."  Freak I feel so stupid Lauren was right he was using me as the babysitter again. Seeing lights flash into the house as a car or something pulled in. Walking to the window to peep to see if we needed to hide or if was it someone else. Peeping through the blinds to find Montae Tahoe parked. Unlocking the door before going back to the kitchen hearing the door open and him walk in.

"I thought you would still be in the shower." He said coming in with a bag of food from Wendy's and drinks.

"You went to get food?" I questioned him.

"Yeah wasn't shit to eat here so I went to get us some." Now I felt bad because I assumed he left me with the baby when he just went to get food. 

"Here I got to get her food then get imma be on." He handed me the bag of food forgetting about the food I was preparing until it beeped at me.
Beep! Beep. Opening the microwave leaving the meal inside since he gave me different food.