football

Amelia Ford P.O.V
FIRST GAME

"Woo! Woo! Woo!" The crowd cheered on our team band since the was early. Tonight I asked my mom to take me the game she had to work night shift so she could drop me off but I had to get a ride home. Telling me to call her when I got home for the game.

"Amelia." Lauren waved me over coming up the four little steps speaking to people who looked at me. Seeing a light skin guy next to her as they sat waiting like everyone else for the game to start. Nervously walking up the steps quickly sitting by her as they played loudly since we was two sections over from them.

"This is my brother Rome. "She introduced me waving my hand getting lost in his beautiful eyes.

"Rome." She fussed making him laugh the way he laughed I couldn't help but to look back to him again. Lauren shoved me to see Montae and the kids coming up the steps. Pulling Max to him and handing me his baby sister to hold who was wide awake. Him and Max sat directly behind me as they sat down. Lauren and I played with her as Montae and her brother spoke.

"She smiling look Ro." Leaning down he smirked at us. Queenie held on to my hand as she studied Lauren face. After another ten minutes the game had begun. I had no clue what was going on. All I did was cheer when everyone else did.

"You want some." Lauren brother stopped directly in front of me shaking my head no watching his every step he took before turn back to the game.

"Don't make me slap you right here." Montae said pulling me back me between in-between his legs as he took Queen from me. Rome walked over with a slim girl they walked and talked handing his sister a drink. I don't know how much longer the went on until the cheerleader took the field.

"Where the black cheerleaders?He faced us shrugging him off. During the football season only white girls cheer and they was usual freshmen and sophomore. Basketball season was the black girls turn.

"Y'all should join." Making us laugh mainly me I knew I would never join a team one I was to big two I hated attention. Lauren would make the perfect cheerleader she had the right shape and smaller. What felt like three days the game was finally over. Hearing people complement our school Standford Raiders for the job well done winning 24 -17. Standing to leave feeling my shirt being pulled down leaving me on the binch. Holding his sister once again letting everyone bypass. Waiting for me to change Queenie diaper. Fixing my hair making sure it sat perfectly. Queen and Lauren snapped photos while I crashed the mini photoshoot.

"Let's go." Actually joining the pictures with them.

"Hey Lauren." A random spoke to her ask to her as we left everybody sudden knew her name and wanted to talk. Speaking leaving back out the bathroom.

"You don't made new friends."

"Bitch they been speaking since they saw my brother. Ion fuck with these hoes." Meeting back up with her brother and Montae even back who rubbed his eyes.

"We finna slide." Rome said as Lauren pulled me into a quick hug before we parted ways. Smiling at him again they headed in a different direction talking and laughing. Removing his siblings from the night air getting inside as we waited on Dontae. Eventually calling his brother telling him he caught a ride we left. Picking up a pizza since it had gotten so late headed to they house. Once we got to his house he feed them cleaning up sending them off to bed. Sitting on his bed since he laid them in his brother's room. Shutting the door I looked up to him.

Slapping (slap sound effect)

"Fuck you all in that nigga face for everytime I looked up you was smiling you stupid bitch." He said slapping me in my face hard as ever.

Punch! Punch! (S.e)

"You think he want your big ass that nigga fuck bad bitches."

"I'm sorry."  I cried trying to cover myself from the hits. He gripped my hair yanking me from his bed dragging me to him.

"Next time I catch you in a nigga face I'm beating  your ass right there."

"I'm sorry." I begged him to stop hitting me.

Monday morning

"Amelia come lock the door." My mother instructed me as I hid from her my face was swollen from Montae punch and slapping me. Thankfully it had gone down a bit.

"Why are you ignoring my calls and text." She said never glancing in my direction.

"I forgot to charge my phone."

"Make sure it's charged today I have someone coming over after school." Headed out she walked out shutting the door. Locking it behind her going back to sleep. Puking my guts up my stomach and back was cramping bad. Getting myself cleaned up I got back up. Skipping school my mom would be at the nursing home all day and I could rest. Taking a nap hearing the doorbell ring over and over again. Checking to just see Montae on the porch opening the door.

"Damn you sick I was going to see if you wanted to ride with me." Going in to get ready for the day I showered dressing in some comfortable black sweats and my black family tree shirt.

"Here." He handed my phone back propping up on the window closing my eyes as he drove to God knows where.

***
Lauren and I got in her car that her brother bought her because he didn't want to keep getting up driving to school apparently he works night shift. Today was an early dismissal and she asked me to come over to her house before I had to go home.

"He probably sleep." She said letting me inside locking us in she threw her bag to the ground diving on the long dark blue sofa. Taking a seat on the other couch pulling out my phone when she stood up going in the kitchen.

"Can I use the bathroom?"

"Meli you ain't at school go if you want something get it the bathroom second door on the right upstairs." She said to me quietly walking upstairs to the left opening the second door to see her brother in only a towel. Apologizing exiting as fast as I entered going back to the sofa taking a seat. Lauren on the with snacks and a blanket watch a Halloween baking show.

"I should lock the door my fault." He said to me when he came door stairs in only gray gym shorts and socks. My heart almost melted as he spoke to me. Noticing the tattoos he had was more the. Mont who had like 6. He had a whole sleeve then a few spread out.

"Ro can you go get me some Chinese food."

"That's why I bought you a car." Excusing myself going back upstairs to pee then coming back getting on my phone as they argued over who would leave.

"Girl this is my house. Meli and I bothering you." Shaking my head no they way he called my name.

"How old are you?" He questioned me as his sister went to change clothes since they decided to just door dash food.

"18."  Before he could ask me a question my phone chimed.

Montae-📍

Not wanting him knowing I was over Laurens I figured I would lie. 

Me- helping my mom before she has to go back to work.

"If Dontae asks have you seen me can you say no." Lauren knew my relationship with Montae was toxic she didn't know he was putting his hands on me. That was a part of my life I couldn't share not just for me but because he could get in trouble.

"Yeah."

Enjoy 🤕