Babysitter

Amelia Ford P.O.V
May 31st, 2023
6:50 am

"Amelia you watching Teddy today." My mother said to me as laid on my bed watching reruns of the House of Paynes. Holding onto my soft purple pillow as I paid attention.

"Don't just lay in bed. He got to eat breakfast and make sure he eat. And take him down to the park for a little bit. Ion want him near them little hoes you run with." Agreeing so she would leave I got up from my spot.

"If John comes round here don't let him see his son tell him I said call me to schedule a visit." Nodding my head who wakes up from bed at 7 and starts talking like this only Virginia Ford.

"And if he gets started call his wife." She said to me. My mother has been angry since Teddy's dad left her to marry someone else and that was five years ago. But they still mess around. They must be on bad terms the reason he couldn't see Teddy.

"Open your damn mouth do you hear me." She fussed at me.

"Yes ma'am." Finally, she left for work locking up I went back to my room and got back into the show. Lying down and falling back to sleep.

***
***
***
12:15 pm

"Meli you don't owe her shit that's her child. She was the one messing with someone else man." Sammy said to me as I sat at the park with Teddy.

"Sam can I see your outfit," I asked trying to change the subject. Hoping she would calm down

"That's what I'm saying I'm telling you the truth you talking about this cheap ass outfit."

"And that's why I love you but I can't keep talking about this. It's making my head ache worst."

"When I move you coming with me just watch."

"I got to go," I said to her looking over and seeing Teddy walking away with a little boy.

"Teddy get over here." He said something to the little boy then they came together.

"Meli this Tayo he's my best friend."

"Stay where I can see you." I told my brother as they went back off wherever.

"Stay where I can see you." Someone shouted turning my head and seeing
Montae standing against his truck smoking. Turning back watching the kids play I just want to hide.

"Good morning." An older black lady spoke to me as she sat with me. A simple smile was all that was needed.  pulling out a magazine she buried her face inside. I don't know why I didn't bring anything.

"Morning." Turning my head to see Montae standing with a stroller-pushing his sister.

"You on kid duty too." He asked me I nodded my head yes because I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.

"Feel like walking?" Standing to my feet pulling my leggings down I stepped towards him getting on the trail. Slowly walking down the sidewalk as people zoomed right around us.

"I didn't mean to get you in any trouble."

"It's okay."

"Nawl it wasn't it'll never happen again. That's on my sister them."

"Can we change the subject?"

"You remember them black woman I served that was my mom." He told me making me look at him.

"She has been out there a long time I would rather she buy from me than some nigga that don't care. I know my shit is clean and don't have to worry about her turning up dead. After she met Dontae's dad he got her hooked badly but she would get clean when she was pregnant and then go back."