be mine

Amelia Ford P.O.V
June 1st

"Meli you can't wear this." Sam said picking up clothes I pulled from my bag to find something to wear.
"Sam this is all your mother packed for me." Walking out of her bedroom that we shared.
"Bring your ass on." Walking into my aunt's room clothes were everywhere I wasn't sure what was pulled out for me.
"Did you shave your legs?"
"No."
"You going to have to because
She said coming out with a dress and a pair of black high heels.
"No." I touched her shoes and said nothing to the dress.
"This is your first date Amelia shut up."
"And he bringing his sister them."
"Why the hell would he do that?"
"Because he doesn't have a babysitter."
"Meli this is your first date you should feel special all the attention should be on you not them kids."
"Sammy what do I tell him he's raising them they are not going away."
"Tell him to find a babysitter or you can't go."
"Sam I don't mind the kids I like them."
"Then go ask Delia can you take her kids with you since you don't mind." Shaking my head no it wasn't the same.
"Dion working late I'll babysit them just for you." She said going back into her room. Hugging her happy we could be alone.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The devil always knows when I'm talking about him.
"Not him calling as I talk."
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
"That's not how you speak to my fucking cousin have you lost your fucking mind."
"I bet."
"Whatever she in the shower I'll tell him to call you back." She said hanging up my phone and getting up and grabbing my face.

"Why are you letting his little ass talk to you like that?"
"What did he say?"
"Basic calling you a hoe. I know you got better sense than that."
"I do Sammy." I said pulling out her grip.
"Call and cancel the date he a fuck walking red flag. Y'all ain't even been on a date and that's how he talks to you. Now imagine a year two years what he going to be saying." I just looked at her. Sammy had more experience in life than me since she knew better I called and canceled and told him everything was moving fast.

Sam and I decided to go over to Steph's place to hang out since my date was canceled.
"Look." She said to me seeing Malo's pizza was the best pizza in Moonville. Going inside the packed restaurant my chest was caving in. It was too much but Sam grabbed my hand pulling me with her.

"I'm not hungry." I told her over the loud music she ignoring me smiling at people and waving. When a guy at the front let us join him. She got closer to his ear. Seeing the door open and more people enter.

She handed me a slice of 4 meats and got hers. We walked outside by pasting kids running and families walking together.
Finding an empty table we sat down and ate people watching.

"He's cute meli speak to him." She said seeing a guy coming towards us. I pushed my slice away for a second.

"How y'all doing?" He said looking at Sammy.
"Good I'm Sammy and this is my cousin Amelia."
"Nice to meet you." He spoke turning back to her continuing talk.
"I have a man."
"Alright.

"We have to do something with that afro puff. My friend oh me a favor I'm going to ask her to sew some hair in your head." She said wiping her hand and messing around on her phone.

"Come on." She said trashing our pizza we walked down towards the hair store on the end going inside she looked around for things picking up hair a needle and thread. Then a razor on a stick and a can of magic shaving powder and smelled the little perfumes by the register. Paying for everything we left out of the store.

"You my favorite cousin and I love you for who you are but girl we got to get you together." She said handing me the bag as we walked down the back road back to her house. Walking inside she took the magic shaving powder and made it up.

"Apply this to anywhere with hair including your coochie. If you got hair in your ass do it too. Never mind come here." She came back with a towel laying it down first I stepped on it she did my legs and arms and my pits and top lip. having to stand there until she washed it all off then. Telling me to do my coochie and ass and then shower and washing my hair.