Chapter-19

SANNIDHI

When I got up it's already 6 o'clock in the evening, I fresh up and go downstairs, I see my grandpa sitting outside in veranda, I go near him and ask if he wants coffee, he nods his head in response.

I go to kitchen, take milk from fridze and pour it in a coffee pan , lightning the stove I keep the pan on it. I let it to heat and take some chakkli(Indian snack) from a steel container and serve them in a plate, after boiling milk I made coffee and poured into two cups and take coffee and snack in a tray to my grandpa.

After having our coffee and snacks I go to kitchen taking the coffee cups, I'm wash the  cups and other vessels in sink and cut some vegetables for vegetable sambar and keep it aside pouring some water in it. Few minutes later my aunt and uncle also came back from function, I gave them coffee and snack after they got freshed up.

My parents came back around 7: 30 my mother fresh up and go to kitchen to prepare dinner my aunt follows to help her. Half and hour later we have our dinner and retired to our rooms after watching TV and some chitchat.

*****

One week went by doing engagement preparations and today is my engagement I was sleeping cozly hugging my blanket but someone take away my blanket from me I open my eyes and see my mother standing near my bed looking at me with both hands on her waist. I sit on bed and hug her by nuzzling my face on her stomach and wish her good morning, she smile and rub my head lovingly.

Suguna(Mother)- Good morning muddu( endearment) enough of nuzzling now get up and wash your mehandi(henna) and have bath, did you forgot today is your engagement she says while pinching my nose.

I pout my lips and shake my head in no telling I didn't forgot. OK, fresh up and come down for breakfast she said to me while patting my head and left the room.

Sighing I get up and go to washroom, first I wash my mehandi in my hands, yesterday evening mehandi designer came and put mehandi on my hands till my elbow. After washing mehandi and having shower I get ready wearing red colour anarkali and go downstairs to have my breakfast.

I go downstairs and see my father, uncle and brother running here and there doing arrangements for function and I see my ajji and taatha( maternal grandmother and grandfather) also came, I go and hug them, how are you ajji, taatha I ask them.

Ajji( grandmother)- we are doing great nidhi, how's my putaani(endearment) doing she ask me while pinching my cheeks slightly. I am fine ajji I told her, as I was talking to them someone pull my hair from back making me hiss in pain, I turn and see Raki standing there grinning like a stupid.

He came back yesterday morning from trip and when he learnt I am getting married he started teasing and irritating me by doing naughty things.

Rakesh(younger brother)- Akka(sister) why did you wake up so late today, did you forgot today is your engagement or did you dream about Abhimama all night and couldn't not sleep that's why you woke up late he ask while smiling, making me glare at him.

If you have stood near me, I would have told you by giving some nice slaps for your talkative mouth I said still glaring at him, he runs little far from me and start teasing me again and laughing.

Subadhra(aunt)- Enough of being naughty my aunt said to Raki while slapping his head from backside, I show my tongue to him playfully and he pouts his lips sadly while rubbing back if his head.

Nidhi come and have your breakfast the beauticians will come soon my aunt said to me after warning raki to stop teasing me. I nod my head and go to have breakfast...

***

Hii guys,

Hope you'll doing good and sorry for not updating lately.

I will not be able to update till 20th, because I will be out of station with my family so please do support my story Iike this only, I'll try to update soon.

Thank you and do please vote, share and comment your thoughts!!

Bye bye 👋 👋 see you soon!

Storyby,

@shaurya