Chapter - 21

Hello guys!!
Hope everyone is doing well and I am back with an update on the occasion of Sankraanthi so enjoy...

Happy Sankraanthi to all!! Let's dive in...

SANNIDHI

I sat in front of my dressing table wearing the saree which my mother brought for engagement, while beauticians are doing my makeup and hair and I was wearing my bangles, beauticians completed their work. I look myself in the mirror and I was satisfied with my look , I was thanking them  for their work when my mother came inside my room.

"Here take this maa put this jewelleries on her" she said to the beauticians while giving some jewellery boxes to them and she come near me and cup my cheeks and kiss my forehead lovingly and smile looking at me.

"Nan magalu estu muddagi kaanistaiddaale (my daughter is looking so cute)" she said while lightly holding my chin. "Nan Amma kuda maduve hudugi ginta kadime enu kaanistailla (my mother is also looking not less than any bride)" I said pulling her both cheeks playfully.

"Tarle(naughty) stop your drama and get ready fast, they will be here soon" she said slapping my hands from her cheeks lightly and left my room.

The beauticians help me to wear the jewelleries which consists choker, long necklace, Jumkas, mangatika, waist chain, etc. After making me wear everything and doing some touch-up they left after bidding bye. I go and sit on the bed feeling nervous to distract myself I take my mobile to play a game.  Fifteen minutes later my room door open and I see Ammu coming inside with my mother.

"Hii Nid. alla ,Hii Attige tumba sundaravaagi kaanistaiddira nam Anna enaadru nin itara nodre engagement beda directagi maduvene maadbidi antaane(Hi Nid. No, Hi sis-in-law your looking so gorgeous, if my brother see you like this he will ask to cancel engagement and do marriage directly)" she said while hugging me l blush and glare at her while lightly jabing her with my shoulder.

"Nidhi come let's go down all are waiting" saying that my mother came near me and both of them took me downstairs. After going down I see my family members are standing on the stage, we move on the stage and they made sit on Hasemane(a broad piece of wooden plank with short legs used to sit on). In front me they kept so many things like fruits, flowers, flower garlands, betal leaves and arecanuts, kumkum and turmeric powder, some yellow threads, etc. First my mother-in-law came to start the ritual.

"Nan sose muddu chennaagi kaantaiddale (my cute daughter-in-law is looking so beautiful)" said my mother-in-law holding my chin.

After that she take some turmeric and apply to my both cheeks and put some kumkum on my forhead, put jasmine garland around my neck and take one yellow thread tie it around my neck and  bless showering some turmeric rice on me. Like this other eight married women from groom side come and did it for me. As the ritual is going on I feel strong gaze on me, other than Abhi mama no one can make me feel like this, I raise my eye lashes and see him looking at me with so much love and admiration, I smile looking at him, suddenly he winks at me making my cheeks red and I shyly look away...

***

Thank you for reading my story and please vote, comment and share!!

Story by,

@Shaurya

Bye bye guys, have a good night sleep...