What Are You Hiding

Dominik drops you off at Rhea's apartment and declines your offer to come inside with you.

You're greeted by your girlfriend who seems like she couldn't have waited any longer for you to come home as she was very bored and didn't know what to do with herself.

"So, where's the dress?" she asks excitedly and pecks your cheek. "We didn't get one" you chuckle and put your purse down.

"What do you mean you didn't get one? I thought I told you to not walk outta that store without the perfect dress!" she teases you and pokes you with her index finger.

"I know, I know.." you chuckle "but it was really tiring and we got hungry so.." you shrug. "So you're gonna continue tomorrow orr..?" Rhea asks curiously.

"Yeah probably. 'M thinking 'bout also bringing some girls. Like, Dom has great taste, not gonna lie, but I think I also need some real girls opinion on it.."

Shit why' d I lie? I shouldn't do this she is my girlfriend! You begin to panic a little but try not to show her.

" 'kay, if you say so" Rhea brushes it off. But something' s different, there isn't this ease in her voice like usually. It's worrying you a little, is she suspecting something?

She walks into the kitchen to get herself something to drink and you follow her. "Is everything okay love?" you ask her carefully.

She huffs "I don't know. You tell me, is there something I should know? Cause I feel like you're keeping something from me"

Shit shit shit why didn't I tell her the truth in the first place?! Now she's mad and it's my fault!

Rhea sets her glass down and turns around, scanning you with a look as cold as ice. Her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"I- Rhea you're scaring me a little" you stutter and raise your hands in defense. She sighs and lowers her arms again "sorry darling, I just overreacted, don't worry" she tries to calm you down.

You let out a small sigh of relief and relax a little again. "Okay.. But you were right, I was hiding something.." Rhea takes a step in your direction and is standing right in front of you now.

She cups your cheeks making you look at her. "Then tell me, you know you can tell me anything" she says and gives you a sympathetic smile.

You try to smile back and nod. You exhale a shallow breath again before telling her what happened today with Dom and how you're not sure how to feel about it.

You spend a little moment in silence, you leaning against the counter with your back and Rhea standing in front of you, unsure if she should cross her arms again or touch you in some sort of form.

She eventually breaks the silence. "Okay uhm.. I don't wanna talk anything less bad here but.. I'm sure Dom didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable with his actions or anything I- I'm not sure why he did or so but.. Let's just talk it out with him okay? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding plus your bad experiences with men, it's just not that easy I understand that"

She offers you a warm smile and you gently return the gesture, pushing yourself off the counter and into her embrace. The feeling of her warm skin on yours, your head against her chest, hearing her heartbeat.. It's just so calming and always making you feel safe.

"Okay, he's picking me up tomorrow at around ten, I'll ask Liv and Raquel if they wanna come too. Thank you Rhea!" you say and stand on your tiptoes to kiss her.

"You know it's so cute that you have to stand on your tippy toes to kiss me" Rhea giggles and you act offended and punch her slightly in the arm.

You two laugh a little and she puts her arm around you leading you to the bedroom where you decide to watch a not so creepy horrorfilm.

"You sure you wanna watch this? I remember last time you had pretty bad nightmares" "I know, but I've got you now and I really wanna see how far I can push my limits with it. I wanna see the films you like with you one day you know?" you grin at her and she smiles back.

You hit play and snuggle up to girlfriend, hiding under the covers every now and then when you think there might be a jumpscare or anything, but most of the time rhea warns you as she's already seen almost every horror movie there is.