1

I found out why I am here and what I need to do to survive. Some people called this world Borderlands. I even heard from a beach too.

I opened my eyes and stood up from my not long sleep. Sleeping got harder for me, it already was before, but now I only got one hour sleep If i have luck. After showering, I put on some black jeans, a green hoodie and a black jeans jacket over it. It was getting really cold here. I walked to the kitchen and noticed, that I haven't got any food left. "Looks like I need to go shopping."

I walked to a store far from my apartment, I knew there were some other people here, that killed other players. My feet took me into the store and I packed some food in my bag. Suddenly, I heard a car from far away and decided to leave the store quick. Of course I knew it was the beach, they were the only ones who got working cars. I quickly rushed out of the store, around a corner, but kept staying there, cause I wanted to watch. "Come on Chishiya, I don't want to drag you out of the car.", a female voice said. She stepped out of the car that held in front of the shop.

Chishiya huh? Like the Cheshire Cat? A white figure stepped out, who I assumed is Chishiya. "Let's just go in.", he said. I could take his presence more in, I'm sure I have seen him somewhere already, but I don't know where. The woman nodded and wanted to step in, but she stopped and her gaze turned to me. Chishiya was confused at first, but then turned too to the direction the woman was looking. I recognized his face directly, this was THE Chishiya.

Shuntaro Chishiya

I turned my head to where Ann was looking. I raised my eyebrows quick. I would recognize that face anywhere. She looked different, her hair was not long anymore and she had this survival look on her. As she realised who I was, she took a short look to Ann but then walked away fast. "You know her, don't you?" I turned to Ann. "Somehow."

Mizuno Yuna

After I ate breakfast with the food I got, I decided that I wouldn't go to a game today. I grabbed my bag of spray cans and made my way outside.

I started spraying after I quitted my job, it just somehow began. I found a empty wall, not far from this thing called beach. I packed out my cans and started spraying, something, that couldn't get off my mind. The Cheshire Cat. Chishiya.

"Done." I was proud of my art, I packed everything together and walked to the bridge across the Beach. Lights and loud music came from there. "Partying won't save their lives."

The next day came quickly and I had nothing to do, so I just decided to join a game. My feet took me in front of a small Café. In there, were already six other participants. I grabbed a phone, the last one. "The registration has closed. The game will now commence. Difficulty, six of hearts." The game got explained and we all sat down on the floor in a circle. The metallic woman voice told us we would play two truths, one lie. "The game is now starting." I finally took some time to let my eyes wander around the people. There was a highschool girl, two mans in suits, a other man, a woman with sunglasses, that I knew I saw already somewhere. Next to her sat a man, the Cheshire Cat. THE Chishiya. He must have felt his eyes on me, cause he looked up directly into mine. I didn't look away, I eyed him exactly. He had a cold look on, but as he saw me he widened his eyes slightly. Like he didn't expected me here. Some strains of his blond hair were hanging in his face, the rest behind his ears. "So, my name is Nira, I am 17 years old and I played before.", the girl started. My eyes wandered over to her, and I directly found out her lie. She went to the school I went to too, I could say it by her uniform. The shoes told me her age, they were red, so it meant she was in her first year in highschool. No one is 17 in the first year of highschool. The next was one of the mans, they sat next to me. "I am 35 years old, the man next to me is my friend and I work in a bar." His lie, he doesn't works in a bar. "I work at a bank, my favourite band is this thing called Nirvana and I know the woman next to me." I raised my eyebrow at him, his eyes definitely said: 'Just play along' He also tried to act like he doesn't knows Nirvana, but exposed himself by not knowing me. "My favourite color is orange, I studied in medical school and I am a doctor." Always put something that hangs together. I had a blue hoodie on and some blue earrings, so they should probably think my favourite color is blue. The woman next to me then said her truths and lie. Then the blonde man. "I am a doctor too, I do graffiti sometimes and my name is Chess." His lie, his name is Chess. Chess is the name from the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland, pretty smart from him to say that. The other man was the last, and the voice told us to say what we think each their lie is. The girl was the first. "I think you haven't played before.", said the man next to him. "She did, her lie is that she's not 17.", now I noticed in. Her eyes widened. "H-how did you find out?" "Your shoes exposed you, I figured out you go to the same highschool I did, there all classes had different shoe colors. Your shoes are red, meaning you're a first year." Her breathing got harder and she swallowed, then got shot by a laser. "The next participant, please." The man laughed. "I bet you didn't found out my lie." He smiled at me, I gave him a cold look back. "I did, your lie is that you work in a bar." He was shocked, then died. "Y-you killed my friend!" The man next to me screamed. "It's the game, isn't it?", I stared holes into his eyes, scaring him, "I think we all know that you don't know me, so that is your lie." Then, he got shot. Everyone looked at me. Chishiya had a slight smile on his face. "Come on Cheshire Cat, tell me my lie." It looked like he liked the nickname. "I think your favourite colour isn't orange.", the man next to Chishiya spoke. Then, he died. "You're lie is that you're a doctor, you quitted four months ago." I knew that he would know what my lie is. "There are only three participants left, so the game ends. You will be supplied with Visa." I also knew I wouldn't die, and Chishiya only waited for the man to speak. I stood up, walking out of the building. "Wait." I stopped and turned around, lifting my eyebrow. "Tell me, what was my lie.", Chishiya said. "Your name obviously isn't Chess." He smiled at my answer, exactly like the Cheshire Cat. "And your lie was that you're a business woman, you're used to seeing death, so you probably saw it already before this whole thing here." She nodded smiling, taking off her glasses. "You know, you're smart. Come with us to the beach, we've got elec-" "No", I cutted her directly off, "no, thank you." Then I turned around again and walked away.