13

My head was pounding like hell. I sat up and looked around, how did I get to Chishiya's room again? My mind drifted off to what happened. I got drunk at the bar... I think Chishiya brought me then to his room, or? I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed. "Fuck." I learned from that, I would never drink alcohol again. Well, learned something new.

My eyes landed on the nightstand and there were laid some pain killers and a note.

'𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑣𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑒, 𝑠𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟𝑠. 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝐶ℎ𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑒.'

Oh my gosh. His handwriting is so beautiful. Wait- love?.. My cheeks turned red and I smiled to myself, before taking the painkillers.

The pool was full again and there were too many people, and my headache didn't make it better. The painkillers helped a bit, but still didn't made the pain go away. I headed back inside again and found Arisu with Usagi. "Hey guys." They turned to me and smiled. "Yuna, it's good to see you." "If you're trying to get answers from the people here from the beach, you're not going to get them by the drunk ones. Come on." Their eyebrows lifted and finally started following me.

I lifted the tarpaulin and had a hand ob my nose, to stop the bad smell. "See yourself." Arisu and Usagi stepped forward and their eyes widened, before they started coughing. I closed it again and stepped away from the container. "That's what this utopia really looks like." I lifted my eyebrow and our heads turned to Chishiya, who was standing on the stairs with Kuina. I smiled slightly. "Another beach rule. 'Death if you're a traitor'." Arisu and Usagi looked shocked. Chishiya and Kuina led us to a roof and on the way Kuina approached me. "Are you Chishiya's girlfriend? He won't tell me." I started blushing and she smiled at my reaction. "N-no." "Uhhh. Now I know. You're both crushing on each other. But don't worry, I'm good at shipping." I was glad that Chishiya was further behind and didn't listen to the conversation. "O-okay."

"Arisu, you and Usagi seem to have gathered a whole bunch of information. Are you two planning something?" I sat on the ground cross-legged, cause I knew no one would bring me into the conversation anyways. "No, not really." "All right, I'll cut to the chase. How do you think you're going to live in a world full of despair?" Arisu looked confused at Chishiya. I looked at my nails. "What?" No one said something, we were waiting for Arisu to give an answer. "Look, all I want is some answers. Who's behind these sick games and... who killed my friends, Karube and Chota." Chishiya turned his head to the side and I must say, he looked so good with the sun shining in his face. "I thought I'd be able to survive and go back to the world the way it used to be. But if that's not possible, I want Usagi to return at the very least. She's the only reason I'm alive." Wow, that's so cute and romantic. Chishiya looked down and said: "very touching. This wish of yours.. sure is nice." He moved from his position and walked around on the roof. "But not very practical, I'll tell you." Kuina scoffed, causing my head to turn up. "You'd have to win every single game coming up and become the next Number 1. Impossible." Arisu sighed. "Look, it's not about you guys, all right?" "We think you both have potential." Arisu turned to me to make sure Chishiya was telling the truth and I nodded, knowing he had a bit of trust in me. "What?" "Yeah, that's why we're here right now." I stood up and stretched my neck. "What do you mean?" Chishiya turned to Arisu with a grin on his face. God, he looked so good. "What would you say if it told you things could play out differently? Hatter's making sure he keeps control of the militant corps, but it's only a matter of time before they retaliate. And if that happens, this place will be run by a bunch of brainless idiots with guns. Then it's cut an run." I looked up to the sky and closed my eyes. "What are you planning?" "We're planning to steal all the playing cards. Bail off the Beach." Chishiya gave Arisu a side eye.