15

The lobby was filled with people, I and Usagi were one of the last. We both took a phone and looked at it, standing next to each other in the crowd. I saw Mira and Kuzuryu and.. Kuina and Chishiya. Well, I only saw his hood. Usagi ran forward to where all people were standing and I followed her. Standing still as I saw what was laying on the ground. A girl, called Momoka laid on the ground with a knife in her chest. "Momoka! Momoka! Why.." her friend kneeled down beside her and cried. All phones chimmed. "Game, witch hunt." Muttering filled under the crowd. "The murderous witch who killed this girl is hiding amongst you in plain sight. The witch role is not limited to women." "She's hiding here?" I looked around like Usagi. "To clear the game, you must find the witch and burn him or her in the Fire of Judgement. Time limit, two hours." We looked outside and saw a fire. A man ran in and screamed: "There's a fire at the back of the building!" The crowd clamored. "We have to find whoever murdered Momoka and burn them in the Fire of Judgement." Ann, I'm so glad to see her. "A witch game, huh? This ought to be good." Niragi walked through the crowd and I swallowed. "The game started." I nodded at Usagi. "Rain check on our date?" Chills went down my spine as Niragi whispered into my ear. "All right, let's go witch hunting!" Ann stepped forward and kneeled down by the hatter. "You, you're always with her.", a girl said. "Why weren't you with her today?" "What?" Asahi turned around. "That's true, you weren't. What happened? You fight?" "Are you our witch?" Niragi pointed his gun at her. "It's not me!" "I guess we'll know when we throw you in the Fire!" She back away on the ground. "I was in my room! She was my friend!" "So you're with her everyday, expect the day she gets killed. Great, then we're agreed, she's the witch. Take her to the fire!" Militants ran to her and grabbed her. "That's enough!" It was Mira. "Put down Asahi." "We're all suspects in this game.", I said. They let her go and she fell onto the ground. "Where were all of you? And what were... were you all doing? And can you prove it?", Usagi now asked. "I can prove that you and I were having a good time in bed.", niragi said and leant forward to me. "Everyone will take turns explaining what you did in the past hour.", Ann now said, standing up. "Look, blood!", one girl said and pointed at the tissue in Ann's hand. "I can explain this." "Finally, this is getting interesting. I say she's thr witch!" "You're wrong. This is Hatter's blood." Ann held the tissue up. "I was examining Hatter's body. That's how the blood got on me." "His body?" Everyone widened their eyes. "Hatter was murdered." "Hatter was killed?" "Why didn't you tell us?" I sighed, before saying: "The executives believed that this might throw everyone into a panic." "What else are you... you people hiding from us? Huh? What? No more secret, okay?" Two stepped in: "Calm down." Ann held a bullet up. "I took this bullet from Hatter's body. Its caliber is the same as those we have here at the Beach." I raised my eyebrows. "Uh-huh?" "This means that someone here st the Beach killed Hatter." The crowd murmured. "Do you think that maybe the witch killed Hatter? I mean, that doesn't sound so crazy, am I right? Uh, the witch could be one of them-" Suddenly she got stabbed from behind by a too familair katana and fell onto the ground. The crowd moved away and last boss was to be seen. "I found her annoying. Let's just burn everyone." The crowd got scared. "If someone here is the witch, then everyone in this room expect me could be the witch.", aguni said stepping from behind. "So, who here is the witch? Step forward." No one did. "If no one here will admit it, then all of you will burn." And that, was the point where everything escalated. Niragi shot into the air and screamed. Everybody ran away and I followed Usagi, who ran to Asahi. "Usagi, go find Arisu, I need to take care of something else." She nodded and ran away with Asahi, grabbing the last phone that laid on the table. I ran away and hid behind a pillar, waiting for the militants to go away. "Comb through all of them, got that? No one escapes!" "If the game doesn't end after you do this, then eventually we'll have to kill-" Gunshot. "Woo-hoo!" "Burn him. He's of no use to us now." "Let's go, guys!" I heard everyone ran away and then it went silent. I saw how Ann walked inside and took the knive out of the body. "Ann?" She turned around and saw me. "Yuna, good to see you. I have a plan, come on." Ann took my hand and dragged me down to the basements. She turned on the flashlight from the phone and looked around, I did the same. My eyes catched a camera in the corner of the room and I looked up at it. I knew that Kuina and Chishiya were in the security room, so I did the first thing I thought of and put my middle finger up. I continued then looking around, until I found a lightswitch. Ann's head turned up and gave me a thumbs-up. "How do I know you're not the witch?", she asked. "You don't. And you? Are you the witch?" "Unfortunately not. Anyone trying to find the witch on their own is not one. If you were the witch, you'd be hiding right now or have fun killing people." I nodded. "What are you searching anyway?" "The witch." Ann suddenly held a, tube up. "Ah, there it is." "What's that?" I stepped near to her and looked over her shoulder. "Cyanoacrylate glue. It's a super glue." "And?" "And if we heat this up and apply it on the murder weapon, all the moisture in the cyanoacrylate will evaporate and hopefully, leave behind fingerprints." My mind began to understand and i followed her out of the room. "Then I'll be able to use cocoa powder to dust for Fingerprints on the knife handle. After I lift the fingerprints with cellophane tape, I'll be able to dentify the witch." She held up the things she collected and a smile formed on her face. "God, i really dont want to be your enemy."

On our way to continue our plan, we saw Kuina fighting with last boss. She was strong, so we continued our way.

Currently, I was with Ann in her room and she was holding the knive in a water boiler. I needed to hold my hand on my nose, cause it was smelling bad. Ann moved the knive up and closed the water cooker, then held it into the lamp. Her eyes widened, causing me to sit up from the bed and look over the knive too. "But of course. I know who it is!" She ran out fast and I heard how she got knocked over. I directly hid behind the wall, waiting for them to go away. I opened the door and ran to Ann. Well, I was too fast and suddenly felt a bullet graze my waist. "Shit!" It was deep, that I could feel. After some time, I slowly sat up and held my hand on my wound. "Ann, wake up. Come on." Suddenly her eyes flicked open and she looked around. "We need to go." I nodded and slowly helped her stand up. I placed her arm on my shoulder and slowly we made our way to the lobby, where already voices could be heard from. "Ann, Yuna!" We looked to the side and saw Kuina coming our way. "It's so good to see you alive." I was still mad at Kuina, but I don't think she knew from Chishiya's plan, or? She got next to me and placed her arm around me, cause now i was to one who was bleeding to death, and helped us to go into he lobby. Suddenly it was silent. "It was a reverse grip.", Ann started and we three walked in. She held the knive into the air. "Fingerprints with a reverse grip were found on the knife." I swallowed, before saying: "That means.. that Momoka grabbed the handle of the knife.. and stabbed it through her own chest." I was breathing heavily and I was nearly passing out. "She was the witch." I looked around and saw Chishiya on the balcony. Man, I was so angry at him, but somehow I still loved him. His face looked so.. calm. The dim light made it even better. He looked down to me and a hint of sympathy was in his face. Asshole. Liar. "But why would she do that? It couldn't have been just for the game." "So Momoka was really... the game master after all?" A man pointed at the dead Asahi laying on the floor. "And that girl said she was the dealer. So they were just trying with us the whole time, then?" Tatta stood up. "So there was never any high power doing all this? They were just human?" I suddenly needed to cough out blood. Eyes were on me. "But it's possible that.. they could've been controlled by somebody else." What then happened, I don't remember anymore, just the big parts. Arisu said something to Aguni, then Niragi came and shot some people. Aguni pushed him into the fire and everybody ran out. Ann helped me to go outside while Kuina stayed behind, probably with Chishiya. Then, I only remember passing out.