Chapter 16 - did she tell you

Carmeñ's pov:

I woke up in a surprisingly good mood. Today we were playing Arsenal and I was going to see Jill. It had been a few weeks since we won the Arnold Clark Cup. Today was also the first of December. I didn't really like Christmas. I used to but now it just reminds me of the hard times that came with it.

After the game I was going to see Marc again. He hadn't been doing good recently. The doctors said it was only a matter of weeks. But I tried not to focus on that. I would cross that bridge when I came to it.

I had become a regular starting player for Chelsea. I got along with all the girls and we were at the top of the table and intended to keep it that way.

'Ready for derby day!' Guro threw her arm around my shoulder as we were walking to the bus.
'Hell yeah' I said 'we are going to smash them'
'You bet we are' she said and ruffled my hair.

Today I sat with Jessie, Millie and Sam.
'You exited?' Millie asked us all.
'Yeah we are north London is blueeeee' Sam said tapping the badge on her chest. We all laughed and spent the rest of the ride chatting.

The bus arrived at the Emirates stadium. I had never played there before and I was exited. While we were walking to the changing rooms Erin was rambling to be about something but I couldn't understand her because of her accent.

'Come on then we need to go warm up' Millie said as she linked arms with me.

'I wanna introduce you to a few of the English girls after the game' she said while we were passing the ball.
'Yeah okay I don't mind' i said as I kicked the ball through her legs.
'Haha got you' I said she laughed before continuing
'Yeah lots of them were very impressed with the 20 year old player of the tournament' she said and this time I laughed
'What can I say I'm just amazing' I said and we both laughed.

The Arsenal girls came out and I looked for a particular person. I saw her passing a ball with a dark haired girl. I ran at her and jumped on her back.
'Hey Jilly' I said in her ear
'Hey klein you ready' she said. I jumped off her back.
'Yeah so ready to beat you' I said and started juggling her ball
'Oi you haven't played against us before so I think we will beat you actually' she said trying to get the ball back.
'Whatever Jilly good luck I love you' I said and started walking away still juggling the ball.
'I love you to' she called after me.

We stood in front of the crowd and the team photo was taken. We all ran into our positions. The whistle blew.

Jill's pov:

As soon as the whistle blows Carmeñ becomes a whole different person. Off the pitch she's very sociable but reserved, modest and almost self conscious. But on the pitch was is very confident, composed and loud. She looks so at peace and carefree on the pitch.

After playing for only 20 minutes you could tell how strong this Chelsea side was. Carmeñ was playing up front on the left for this game and they were making chance after chance but our defence was strong.

It wasn't until the 32nd minute that Carmeñ got through our defence. With a nice ball in from Cuthburt the number 11 slotted the ball into the back of the net. Even though it was against us I smiled as she ran off to celebrate. I was proud.

We also managed to get into their defence in the 40th minute. I took the corner and it nicely met Beth's head.
'MEADOOOO' we all shouted as we ran off and celebrated.

The half time whistle blew and we all walked back into the changing room.

Millie's pov: 

We all walked out for the second half even more confident. We all knew that we could do it.