Chapter 38 - forever proud

Carmeñ's pov:

Jonatan let me come on the coach back with the rest of the team seeing as I had gotten a taxi here. No one talked just listens to the quiet music that was playing. I sat in between Pina and Patri at the back as I stoked their hands with my thumb. It was the last game of the season and the mood was glum.
/'if it makes you feel any better I'm coming home'/ I whispered to the 2 girls. Coach has spoken to Emma and I was coming back. After my holiday I would sign a 3 year contract with my home club. Their faces lit up and they grinned at me.
/'for real?'/ Pina said and I nodded happily.
/'but it's a secret for the moment'/ I said shushing them but they looked happier.

When Me and Lex got home their was someone at the door. As we saw their face Lex blushed bright red but I frowned.
/'hi Ale I hope this isn't bad timing'/ she said in Catalan and embraced Lex.
/'no Olga please come in'/ Lex said and I grinned knowingly. Lex had talked about this girl recently and she really liked her even after only a few dates. I nudged her and she swatted my hand away unlocking the door.
/'sorry I'm Carmeñ it's nice to finally meet you'/ I said hugging the girl and kissing each side of her cheek.
/'I'm Olga and same here I have heard so much about you'/ she smiled at me.
/'good things I hope'/ I said laughing slightly.
/'of course only good things'/ she said laughing as well. I decided then that we were going to get on well.

/'Lexy can we get sushi?'/ I asked her.
/'no you eat it to often we should have something good for us'/ she said
/'but we have a few weeks off and I'm sure Olga wants sushi'/ i wined.
/'yeah please Ale'/ Olga said sticking her bottom lip out.
/'ugh fine'/ Lex said and i high fived Olga.
/'I should have never let you guys meet'/ Lex said rolling her eyes making us laugh.

We ate our food and chatted. It was nice to get to know the girl I had heard so much about and she was really sweet and funny.

When we finished we decided to put a film on. I would normally curl up next to Lex but those 2 we too busy cuddling in the corner and I have to sit by myself. I liked seeing Lex happy with someone. It wasn't good for her all the on and off with Jenni and I'm sure it wasn't good for Jenni as well.
/' I miss Jessie'/ I muttered looking over at them.
/'awww it's okay Car there's room for you as well'/ Lex said and i layed with my head on her lap.

/'Ol do you want to stay tonight?'/ Lex asked her as we were about to go to bed.
/'yes please is that's okay'/ she said.
/'of course it is'/ Lex said and entwined their fingers.
/'okay guys but I'm going to face time J so be quite'/ I said wriggling my eye brows at them.
/'fuck off Car'/ Lex said and I laughed as I walked into my room.

'Are you bringing anyone?' J asked me from across the screen.
'I would but most of the girls already made plans' I sighed.
'Yeah I thought you would go with Alexia or Ona' she said brushing her hair.
'Me to but I wanted to come with you lot' I said nodding my head towards her.
'Aww how sweet of you' she said and blew me a kiss.
'Oh that reminds me I met Olga today' I said.
'Oh the one you told me was going out with Alexia' she said am I nodded.
'Well' she said waiting for me to continue.
'She is really nice and genuine. They really do like each other and it's nice to see her happy after Jenni' I said.
'That's good and wired question but do you ever hold it against Jenni' she asked.
'No I don't they both messed up and I'm still just as close to Jenni as I was. Just because her and Lex broke up doesn't mean we need to fall out I mean they are still friends' I said.
'That makes sense' she said.
'I miss you' I said and smiled at her. Her expression softened .
'I miss you to Lee'

I stood in the airport only a few days later.
/'I'll see you all very soon yeah?'/ I said to the group of girls that had come to drop me off. I hugged them all individually and said goodbyes before I had to go or I would miss my flight.

On the flight I could see the starts in the night sky. One was brighter than all the other and I was sure it was Marc reminding me he was still here. I could see 2 other stars right near it. Mum and Mario. I was glad they had found each other. All 3 of them deserved to be happy. Me and my mum may have not been close but that didn't mean that a 8 year old should grow up motherless. I missed him so much. The things I would do I have him by my side. To have him laugh at something I said. He was my everything. It was mad to see how much a life can change in such a small amount of time. How in a second you can be having the best day of your life to the worse day of your life. In such a small amount of time my life had changed. But life moved on. When Mario died I didn't know how to live my life. I had never gone a day without him. I didn't know life without him. But here I was alive and well. It didn't mean it got better. If anything I missed them more and more every day. I keep expecting to wake up and it all to be okay. To be with my brothers again. Back before Mum died and we were all happy.

But in a way I wouldn't change any of my life. Yes the middle of it wasn't great but it got to where I am today. It made me a stronger person and player. But I'm another way I would change all of it. To turn back time and not go through any of it.

The plane finally landed and I was straight into J's arms.
'Hola mi amore' I said my legs wrapped around her waist.
'Hi Lee'

I lay by myself in bed just tossing and turning. I got up and walked to J's room. I gently knocked and opens it.
'Lee?' She gently called out.I hummed in response and she opened the covers for me as she had done many times before. I got in and cuddled up to her. She kissed the side of my head.
'Night Lee'
'Night J'

@carmeñletissiè

Liked by @ona.batlle and 572,864 others

@carmeñletissiè-siempre orgulloso❤️💙 (forever proud)

Comments turned off

——————————————————
Bit of a filler chapter and was sort of rambling but oh well. Thank you for reading xx