Chapter 40 - for fucks sake

Carmeñ's pov:

It was our second full day in the villa and we decided to go paddle boarding. Yesterday was just stayed at the villa around the pool and everything else. I had never been paddle boarding but it looked easy enough.

I woke up before everyone else and wanted to make breakfast for everyone. I knew I was an absolutely shit cook but I wanted to try. I found a pancake recipe on my phone and got out everything I needed.

To say it was a disaster was an understatement. I was pouring the milk into the bowl which was splashing everywhere. While doing so my elbow accidentally knocked the open flour onto the floor. It was everywhere. I then tired to crack an egg but slipped on the flour and some of the shell fell in the bowl.
'por el amor de Dios' I muttered quietly not wanting to wake anybody up. (For fucks sake). I decided to just ignore it and started to cook them. The pan was hard to get out of the draw and made a lot of noice. I don't know how the girls slept through it but no one came downstairs. I burnt my hand pouring the mixture on the man so went to run it under cold water. While I was doing that i caught the smell of burning. I ran back into the other room to see the misshaped burnt to a crisp pancake. I growned and stopped my foot in annoyance not knowing what to do. Smoke started coming from the hob and the fire alarm started going off. I grabbed a cloth and open the windows trying to fan the air out. All the girls came running down the stairs to see me covered in flour and pancake mix with the messy kitchen behind me. Millie got the fire alarm off.
'Good morning' I said with a smile making them all laugh.

Millie got the cleaner in to clear it all up but I stayed inside to help her feeling bad. It was me who had caused this mess so I wanted to help. I chatted to the cleaner as I helped.
'So are you Dutch I can here a slight accent ?' I asked her.
'I am' she said smiling.
'I have lots od Dutch friends and I can speak Dutch as well' I said
'Kan je nu' she said smirking. (Can you now)
'ik kan' I said back proudly. (I can)
'je hoefde niet te helpen, het is mijn werk' she said looking at me. (you didn't have to help it is my job). She had bright blue eyes and many wrinkles. I would have said she was around 50 maybe older. She had a nice look about her and was really nice to me. She reminded me of Eli.
'maar ik maakte de puinhoop en ik wilde helpen' I said shrugging. (but i made the mess and i wanted to help).
'nee ik laat je niet gaan en veel plezier het is jouw vakantie' she said pushing me to the door. (no i won't let you go and have fun it's your holiday).
'oke, bedankt' I said and kissed each side of her cheek before going to get dressed with the other girls. (Okay thank you).

'So Lee here tried to make us breakfast this morning didn't you would you like to tell us how that went' Niamh said to me and the camera as she sat down next to me already laughing.
'no es gracioso I tried to do something nice for everyone and it went horribly' I said putting my head in my hands. (It's not funny).
'Well I'll tell them what happened then. We were woken up by the fire always going off she we all ran downstairs. Lee stood there covered in pancake mix and flour. There was flour all over the floor. The side was a mess and she had burnt the 1 pancake she managed to put in the pan' Niamh said laughing at the memory.
'Well it started off okay just as I was pouring the milk i knocked the flour off and onto the floor but I said I'll clean it up later then I burnt my hand on the pan look' I said showing the burn mark to the camera. 'So I went to put my hand under water but when I come back it was burn and I couldn't turn the fire off.' I said and Charlie was cackling beside me.
'Oh and I got egg shell in there' I added making her laugh ever more.
'This is why Lex never lets me cook' I shrugged.

'God it can't be that hard just follow the sat nav' Hayley said from the back seat. I was driving and Georgia was next to me. We were trying to figure out what way to go and had been going for an hour. It was me Georgia, Hayley, Caitlin and Leah in one car trying to get to the river where we would do paddle boarding. We were told to just follow the other cars but lost them a while back.
'I am but it's not as easy as it looks!' I whined making all of them laugh. Caitlin rang Sam asking for help and passed her to me and G at the front.
'I am following it but it's clearly wrong!' I said annoyed at how badly this was going.
'Okay Tissiè maybe let someone else drive'

Me and Leah swapped so she could drive. We were all laugh and getting along quite well until the engine started to splitter and came to a stop.
'dime tu broma' I said and put my head in my hands. (tell me your joking).

We all got out of the and sat under a tree in the shade. Leah called the break down people and they were coming to get us. We called the others to tell them and they said they would meet us back at the Villa in 2 hours. The people arrived with a tow truck and we al had to bundle in the front.

It turns out we had only been 10 minutes away we just ended up going round in circles. We got back and just decided to stay by the pool. I really got to know these girls and had become good friends already.

A few hours later the other girls joined us.
'How did you go so bad Lee' Charlie asked me camera in her hand.
'Vete a la mierda Charlie' I said half laughing. (Fuck off). I pushed her away and went to J wrapping my arms around her waist from behind while she talked to Sam and Kristie. She pulled me round and hugged me properly still talking. I rested my head on her shoulder. We stayed like that until Sam and Kristie went to sit down.
'You okay' she asked me gently swaying side to side. I just hummed in response not wanting to move.
'I'm sorry you didn't get to go paddle boarding' I said into her shoulder.
'It's okay I don't think I would have been very good anyway' she said and rubbed my back.
'I'm still sorry' I said and she pulled back to face me.
'It's fine' she said and gently kissed my lips.
'OI LOVE BIRDS WE ARE GOING OUT' a voice shouted and J blushed bright red.
'Come on then' I said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the house.

————————————————————
I hope you liked itttt. Thank you for reading xx