Chapter 47- 21

Carmeñ's pov:

The 1st of August came around witch also happened to be my birthdayy! I was woken up my Narla and Simba jumping on me.
/'hi my babies'/ I said rubbing their stomachs as they rolled over. I opened my phone to see a miss called from Jill 5 minutes ago. I called her back.
'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' She shouted the minute the face time connected.
'Gosh Jilly I only just woke up I'm gonna go deaf' I said but laughed.
'I got you a present but I'll give it to you the next time I see you'

We chatted for a while until I decided to get up. I threw a hoodie and shorts on before walking into the kitchen, Narla and Simba on my heel.
/'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE'/ Lex said picking me up and spinning my round. I felt my cheeks heat up.
/'thank you Lex'/ I said and she smiled at me then kissed my head. She had been a lot happier the past few days. I think she needed this time away from football. She always had a lot of pressure on her and was always expected to win and be the best.
/'I made pancakes!'/ she said and I clapped happily.
/'pancakes!'/

We had a slow start to the morning eating, chatting and responding to my messages. Until Lex's phone rang and she went into the other room whispering to who ever it was. I sat on my phone and checked my insta. It was something I didn't really do but after the Euros everyone's followers had shot up. This tournament had really spread light on the women's game in such a positive way.

A small tear tan down my cheek. I was 21 today. It was a harsh reminder that no matter what happened life goes on. No matter how much I wanted time to stay still and to crawl into a ball and cry, life would go on. No matter how much I wanted Marc to be here, life would go on. But that didn't stop me from wishing he was here. I felt arms go around my shoulders and leaned back into Lex lightly crying. She held my tight just letting me cry and gently swayed me side to side.

/'Car we are going out!'/ Lex shouted and as walked into the room.
/'ooo where!'/ I asked and she wiggled her eyebrows.
/'that is for me to know and you to find out'/ she said and tapped my nose before she went to get dressed.

Before we left J called to say happy birthday and we chatted for a while. I wouldn't see her again for a few moths and I already missed her.

She took me to this restaurant with most of the Spanish and Barça girls there. Even Ona, Leila and Laia. We ate and went to the bar down the road. It was a very fun birthday.

@alexiaputellas