Chapter 7

3RD POV

Elyon's eyes finally fluttered open. The rays of light crept through the curtains landing on his icy grey orbs. When he looked at his surroundings, he saw how dark and cold it was, but he had also noticed there were traces of someone entering and exiting his room, strangely though it was the sudden chill that made him quickly lose interest.

When Elyon had just moved slightly, he winced from the aching pain he felt from that sudden moment of movement, so he moved slowly this time. Elyon thought that if he didn't try to at least move the sore muscles now, they would be stiff and even more sore later when they did try to stretch them. Then he heard a popping sound while he stretched, he decided to continue another time or in the presence of a physician.

Hiissss, aww that hurt!

He thought as he felt the pain from his back spreading to the front from pulling something.

While looking around, the open drawer had caught his attention. The corner of a letter was sticking out, and he got curious as to what it was. When he looked at the letter it had already been open, and he remembered that the Duke had been watching over him the day before. He felt embarrassed that he had revealed him still being  a childish and vulnerable child deep down inside, to the "Demonic Daemos Duke". But at the same time, relived he had let his feelings be known to the Duke and let him know that the past Elyon had misunderstood everything from the beginning till just yesterday.

As Elyon peeked inside the letter, he realized why it had been open by his grace, it was a letter of recruitment from the palace. More like a contract though. The palace would help him with his studies and have him advance in his classes, but as soon as he debuted and finished the academic courses, he would immediately join the Elite Shadow Knights, his majesties personal knighthood he had personally created.

It would be a dream come true to some nobles. Being able to serve directly beneath his majesty and take direct orders and training from him, was absolutely every nobles wish. They would be considered blessed and a prodigy if they could become an Elite.

But,

Everything was going perfectly fine so far.

Elyon had felt there was no reason for him to enter the Elite knighthood when his family was recovering. He could probably start to communicate with them now and understand them. Things would start changing for the better, and he was excited. He may have been Alice Starling once upon a time, but now as Elyon, she felt all his emotions as well, from the past, the present and the future or at least a distinct future. He was going to change his fate and not die in the hands of the future king of Alves, and not cause a huge massacre, and let's not forget he will protect, not kill, his family. He will do anything in his hands from preventing that from happening, he cherished his family deeply before, and he will do that in this world as well. There was no reason for him to see them any differently from his past family.

So he wrote a rejection letter, he was not gonna leave his family just to enter the ESK, he was happy with how things were, and we're gonna be.

He grabbed a sheet of paper, Ink, and a quil and started to write the best he could, even though he felt much pain no matter how much he tried not to move his arm as much.

I thank you for the request to have me, Elyon de Noor Daemos, the infamous bratty lout from the Daemos Family, join his Majesties Elite knights, unfortunately I have to reject the offer letter. My place is with my family, and I am not thinking of becoming a knight either. But I am thankful for the thought I might be worthy.

There is also no reason for any of you to visit me or have me "forget" this information. I will remember to hold my tongue whenever anything such related to the "Elite Shadow Knight" knighthood is mentioned. It would also be great if you do not pursue me further, I don't wish to be separated from my family either while I am trying to change a new leaf and try again, thank you.