Chapter 11

ELYON'S POV

I woke up to the birds chirping and the rustling sound of spirit elementals rustling and whispering in my bed. At one point, I even smelled something burning in my room, and found out that the fire spirit had started to make a small bonfire out of my math homework.

• • • • •

"You know...you aren't making this any easier..."

I was drenched by the water spirit, my hair a mess because of the wind spirits, my bed & clothes, singed and burnt, parts still caught in flame because of the fire spirits, and the dark spirits just laughed from the shadows of my room.

All because.

I tried to get them out of my room.

They all flew towards me, water and wind put their hands together and did puppy dog eyes as if begging me, and fire just tugged on my shirt. Earth was silently watching from the window sill, as they liked being closest to earth.

"Alright...but at least don't ruin my room.."

I sighed and twirled my finger in the air, turning everything back as it was as the spirits cheered and the fire spirit almost caught my hair on fire.

• • • • •

We arrived to the academy and as always, I wore my white mask that my father paid for the school to allow. Everyone knew I was Elyon DeNoor Daemos, just not how I looked, and honestly I was fine with that.

As I walked to the black gates of the Academy, I saw Nick playing with his new haircut. It had seemed he used to have it long, almost to his waist length, it was obvious he cut it over the weekend. He then turned towards me and smiled, walking towards me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey Ellie..."

Nick smiled warmly at me which made my cheeks feel warm, but I brushed off the feeling and walked right next to him inside the gates.

"So you really won't be able to go to the 2nd prince's banquet and birthday party..?"

I knew I sounded a bit disappointed, but it was hard not to. It was a coincidence enough to know that his birthday was in the same day as the prince's, anf I'd have rathered gone to his birthday, if only I hadn't reincarnated as the duke's son and they required my audience.

All I heard was the sound of Nick chuckling and ruffling my hair.

"Hey. Don't worry about me, have fun at his birthday, I'll be away from the kingdom for awhile for some family reunion, but tell me all about it later...how does that sound."

His voice was low and soft. He spoke in such a gentle tone all I could do was nod as he softly strokes my hair. Then I felt someone jump on my back laughing.

"Eli!!!" Fern giggled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder after getting off my back laughing.

"Fern, try to behave, and don't just jump on Elyon's back like that." The girls around us basically had heart eyes as Manikya approached us with his hands in his pocket in his usual cold, but calm demeanor.