chapter 18

Manikya, Giovanni, and Fern were in the waiting room. Waiting for the servants to allow them to enter further into the manor and into Elyon’s room.

Manikya was talking to Giovanni about strategizing for his non-negotiable needed, sword class. He was supposed to take it next year, since every nobility should have at least learned how to wield the basics of one, even if he dreads using one; hence the reason he had rather become a merchant like his father. 

Fern is listening in on the conversation, sitting next to Manikya as Giovanni was across from them on the other couch. Their attention was robbed by two, very identical dukes entering the waiting room as they argued.

“Elyon MUST meet HIM, Cardigan! He must meet Cyrus!”

“Elyon will not be traveling so far and to such a dangerous place, Carlisle! I know, what is best for MY son!”  he roared back before they both fell into a glaring contest, to see who would back down first.

Startled, all three teenagers stood up and bowed at once, not questioning the exact copy of the handsome man, who had longer hair.

Wine red colored eyes with sharp distinct features. Tall, handsome, lean, and strong broad shoulders. Black luscious long hair, lazily tied in a thin white silk ribbon. A frown that barely hid those distinctly sharp canines, and full lips.

Fern wondered if that was the duke. But then he glanced at the other, more cold, irritated man, and quickly realized who was who.

The duke with shorter hair turned away with a scowl, and then crossed his arms with a ‘tsk.’ They were a bit stunned at their childish behavior. But it was obvious which one of the two had more patience.

“Greetings, young lords, pardon his royal rudeness-” he said with such casualness, it was almost shocking how unafraid of the duke he was.

“-does not know how to interact with respectable young lords...I would have been honored to stay longer and speak/explain to you children, but this royal pain in the....asinus...and we have to get going.” he said with such a proud smile while Cardigan growled at the shameless insult.

Cardigan did not say anything but glare darkly at the identical male, before looking away. Cardigan mumbled something about a ‘culus’ before speaking.

“Elyon should be in his room...practicing...” he said.

Cardigan left with no further explanation as his ‘clone’ followed behind, leaving all three boys on their own, and equally confused. Once they left, they went through the double doors where the older men had first entered through and climbed up the stairs.

“....so, the duke-” asked Fern, making both boys sigh deeply before softly glaring at the idiot.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” he asked, completely puzzled.

...

They reached Elyon’s room, but before they could even knock, shattering glass and the sound of strong wind swirled in the room, while Elyon was yelling and grunting. They charged in without a second thought and were greeted by...a small chaos in his room.

Small hurricanes encircled his room, lifting papers, heavy and expensive ornaments, and even opening the doors to his closet. While Elyon was being showered in a rainstorm he was trying to stop. Water gushed out of his room like a tsunami, hitting his friends to the ground. Mud was stuck on the wall, the sheets, even on Elyon’s face and clothes. While at the same time the papers that hadn't been wet yet were singed and burned before any water got on it and extinguished its flame. Lightning, ice, and plants growing in his room as his yelling turned into a scream when he was thrown at the wall with a groan.